Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Does chanting for riches really work?

buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
edited October 2005 in General Banter
So, I was watching an episode of Absolutely Fabulous and Edina (Eddie) was talking to her daughter about how she was a Buddhist. She was also telling her daughter that it was because of her chanting that allowed her to gain everything that she currently had in this life.

Eddie is a Buddhist, huh? She sure knows how to party, sweeties.

-bf

Comments

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited October 2005
    I love that show!
  • edited October 2005
    I have to admit I like it, too! It is hilarious!:)

Adiana:usflag: :bigclap:
  • ECMECM
    edited October 2005
    When is it on?
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2005
    I don't believe it's an "active" show.

Just reruns usually on public television (if you're lucky) or some sort of BBC programming.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005
    It's such a great mickey-take of the want-it-all-and-want-it-now mentality of the 'Hungry Ghosts' in our midst.... whatever's trendy, Eddie wants it, by the spadeful..... She's one of the most materialistic, money-oriented trend-setting creatures I've ever seen.
    She's based on a real person, too....! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynne_Franks