Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Can You Meditate After You Eat?

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited November 2010 in Meditation
Can You Meditate After You Eat?
Or do you need to wait a little bit before you meditate?

Thanks,
Leon

Comments

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited November 2010
    You can meditate whenever you want, even while you're eating. Being mindful of your breath, posture, etc. doesn't have to be limited to just sitting on a cushion. Also, I've heard it said that fasting can aid in developing deeper states of concentration, although I've never tried to meditate while fasting.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Jason wrote: »
    You can meditate whenever you want, even while you're eating. Being mindful of your breath, posture, etc. doesn't have to be limited to just sitting on a cushion. Also, I've heard it said that fasting can aid in developing deeper states of concentration, although I've never tried to meditate while fasting.

I have.
    I fasted for 32 hours and tried to meditate for 15 min on and off and it is definitely interesting...
    Thank You!
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Juice fast is gentler on the body. Not sure if you get the same spirit effects?
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Jason wrote: »
    This is what psychologists call projection. The above should read:

Jason can meditate whenever he so chooses, especially if he elects to do so while dining with friends. His being mindful of his breath, posture, skill in controlling his urge to levitate, etc., is not limited either on this planet or off it. Also, although fasting can aid some people in developing deeper states of concentration, it is not relevant in this case. He can live off the air he breathes; thus he thoroughly enjoys being Buddhist. Being the best Buddhist ever comes from the Art of Breathing, taught by the Buddha himself and perfected over the centuries.
    Nirvana wrote: »
    This is what psychologists call projection. The above should read:

Jason can meditate whenever he so chooses, especially if he elects to do so while dining with friends. His being mindful of his breath, posture, skill in controlling his urge to levitate, etc., is not limited either on this planet or off it. Also, although fasting can aid some people in developing deeper states of concentration, it is not relevant in this case. He can live off the air he breathes; thus he thoroughly enjoys being Buddhist. Being the best Buddhist ever comes from the Art of Breathing, taught by the Buddha himself and perfected over the centuries.

:D