Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

You’re the One... a kind of game with praise

NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `  South Carolina, USA Veteran
edited November 2010 in General Banter
How about another game as a sidebar to our discussions?
They can be so much fun! Especially if we take a wide aim at our active membership.

It’s a way for us to have some fun while “hanging out” here together —and it might help us to get to know each other a bit more. That could bear very positive results.

The idea is to say something nice about someone on this forum, but to say it to them in the second person —like a letter or note To a Friend. It would be best for it to home in initially on a quality either unique to this person or very well developed in him or her. However, that said, some reservations or puzzlements about that same person may also be expressed —even in the comments of an ensuing post. Please nothing insincere or demeaning or of the nature of innuendo!
Here’s one suggested form, but by all means be creative! And comments of those not playing go by the same guidelines: Nothing Insincere or Demeaning or of the nature of Innuendo!

You’re the One
You’re the one who…

Let me start with the first Letter to a Friend, next Post:

Comments

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Hail: TheFound! You’re the one on NewBuddhist who makes me laugh the most! So glad you’re back with your zany Zen Ways.

I just hope you’ll be vigilant and not use off-color words. You remember how they alienated some of the ladies?

Anyway, you are a fantastic poet and the real thing!
    I read your posts always expecting a surprise and am never surprised when I am overcome with laughter.

Someone new to Buddhism asks about a good time to visit a monastery to find a Dharma teacher or Sangha. TheFound tells the seeker just to barge in and start learning from where he or she is right now in TheFound’s inestimable way:
    TheFound wrote: »
    Barge in and throw yourself at their mercy.
    If they offer you cool-aid or punch.. politely decline...and escape!