Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Important info about forum change!

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator
edited December 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
There are a few things you need to be aware of about our impending transition to Vanilla so you don't lose any data!

1. Private messages will NOT be moved and therefore will be lost.

If you want to save yours go to your inbox and find the "Download all Private Messages as:" message at the bottom of the page. Choose "text" and you will get a download of all the messages in your inbox.

Note: You WILL be able to private message on the new forum (and it's much easier), it's just too difficult to migrate them to the new system presently.

2. Signatures will go away. If you don't have a copy of yours, save one now.

3. Albums will go away. If you have photos in your profile album, save them to your computer. Note: This does NOT apply to discussion attachments. Those will be fine.

4. Animated avatars will freeze. Not a big deal since very few people have one.

5. "Ignore" lists will go away. I may replace this in the future, but for now you'll just have to learn to get along. :)

It is highly likely we will be moving to Vanilla next weekend, so please don't delay in saving the above items if you want a copy.

Comments

• fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Um, will the old discussions be moved to the new site? (The fact that signatures should be saved suggests this.)
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Oh, of course, sorry for not stating that explicity :)

All user accounts (including avatars and profile data), discussions / comments, and wall posts will be migrated. I made my best effort to list all things that won't be migrated so the assumption was that everything else will.
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for all your work on this, Lincoln.
  • LostieLostie Veteran
    edited December 2010
    No worries. No complaint.

Nothing comes easier than migrating a Buddhist-themed forum to a brand new platform. :p

Thanks! ;)
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Ooh, migration :)
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Ha. I'll believe it when I see it!
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Careful Nirvy, or we'll leave you behind
  • skullchinskullchin Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Today is the day!
    edited December 2010
    :rockon:
  • skullchinskullchin Veteran
    edited December 2010
    :rocker:

I think I'm going to sit here and hit "reload" until it happens

:lol:
  • Oh wow, no offense but I don't like this format very much, it's not similar to any other forum type I've used before. I'm sure I'll get used to it but until then I don't think I'll be sticking around long.
  • It may be use of language that is getting in the way of my understanding here Zayl... however, if you don't stick around, how will you have the opportunity to get used to the change??
  • Where's our smilies :bawling:
  • Found 'em :lol:
  • OMG it has the right time! Squeeee!
    edited December 2010
    The right time?

PS: I spent 3 hours just making sure the smilies all worked and would appear correctly :p
  • I spent 3 hours just making sure the smilies all worked and would appear correctly :p
    Now there's a man who has his priorities straight! :thumbsup:
  • Indeed :rarr:
  • I can't seem to open some of my inbox messages. Also can't edit my avatar pic... :/
    Have you tried clicking on the messages?

What are you having trouble doing with your avatar, precisely? I just edited the thumbnail for you since it looked askew.