Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Welcome to NewBuddhist on Vanilla!

1235»

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    "Common sense" woud work far better...

There is a Birthday thread already, in general banter.
    http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/1377/the-birthday-thread
    (Just as there is a threads for discussing "How was your day?" And "Prayers and Support".
    There is an introduction thread already, in Buddhism for Beginners.
    http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/486/newbuddhist-member-introductions#Item_2982

Worth looking at the "Announcement" threads in all forums, where relevant.

Many recently moved threads actually fit no location.... :rolleyes:
    I think if there is no real or logical place to put it, it's either not worth discussing, or it should go in General Banter/Members only.

• CloudCloud Veteran
    edited May 2011
    Testing, testing...

There we go, just wanted to make sure. Along with <strong> for bold, you can also simply use <b> ("b" for "bold", easier to remember) which is the same as in HTML encoding.
  • Oh great, thanks @Cloud.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    "Common sense" woud work far better...
    But it hasn't been working, as you all mods have undoubtedly noticed. I was just thinking that posting some basic guidelines on a permanent thread would help everyone, including the mods.
    There is a Birthday thread already, in general banter.
    http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/1377/the-birthday-thread
    (Just as there is a threads for discussing "How was your day?" And "Prayers and Support".
    I know. Maybe I didn't make it clear, but I was proposing adding another permanent thread like those, with category guidelines for us to check before we post.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    There - you will have to approach @Lincoln.

But trust me - right now he has his hands full.
    This is another reason we now have more Mod's.
    To take the primary weight off him..

How come this forum always worked so well before without all the extras people are asking us to now add......?
    It never caused any great bother before....
    But suddenly, people need guidelines.....:scratch:

If you're not sure, ask! :D

• How come this forum always worked so well before without all the extras people are asking us to now add......?
    It never caused any great bother before....
    But suddenly, people need guidelines.....:scratch:
    A much higher volume of new members, most likely.

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    Yes, well, it's not urgent, I won't bring it up w/Lincoln, thanks for the heads-up.
  • HawkinsHawkins Explorer
    edited May 2011
    Could we have a permanent thread
    What is this.. "permanent" that you speak of?

Oh, stop it.... :rolleyes:
  • SandalWoodSandalWood Explorer
    Is there a search feature yet? I really hate to start something that has already been discussed to death.
  • SandalWoodSandalWood Explorer
    edited May 2011
    Never mind -- I'm blind -- it's in the upper right hand corner. If it had been a poisonous snake, I'd be lying on the floor in agony. Sorry.
  • bump !
  • edited October 2011
    There haven't been any "@name" alerts within my profile lately. The only alert my profile gets when someone mentions me is, [null]. So, there haven't been any alerts on my profile when other members have mentioned my name.

Could this be one of the things that have been missing?

If so, my trust is that this helps you. :)