Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What's wrong?

edited January 2006 in NewBuddhist.com
I am not receiving notifications of replies to threads in which I am participating, inspite of my personal controls indicating that I should receive immediate notification....

Any ideas, anyone?

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited November 2005
    I'll check into it :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    It could be something to do with the security systems checking incoming e-mails... I too am now receiving notification of particular posts, hours after I have read the posts in question.... I have checked my CP and notification is marked as 'immediate' but something is holding it up.... Why should this be so, when we've had these systems installed for a while, now? :scratch:
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Now about now, Abe?

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    Now better... what you done, you ol' wizzurd, you?
    edited December 2005
    I didn't do anything.

Just wondering if it was fixed yet.

-bf
    edited December 2005
    Oh, c'm on, don't be so modest! You must have done sumpin'....
    sacrificed a few chickens.... danced nekkid round a bonfire in the middle of the local park.....I know you... your methods may not be conventional, but they work!!
    edited December 2005
    federica wrote:
    Oh, c'm on, don't be so modest! You must have done sumpin'....
    sacrificed a few chickens.... danced nekkid round a bonfire in the middle of the local park.....I know you... your methods may not be conventional, but they work!!

Okay... you got me.

It was option #2.

Then option #1.

Followed by a little more of option #1.

And then some option #1.

-bf
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited January 2006
    My Problem Is the Exact Opposite: I don't want e-mails, and have checked off all the appropriate boxes. It's like I get anywhere from 8 to 16 or so e-mails a day just from newbuddhist.com.
    I've got problems.
  • edited January 2006
    Nirvana, have you also disabled the email option under the "thread subscribe mode"?

Go to your profile via the "User CP" tab at the top of the page and then select "options". Part of the way down the page is the "Messaging and Notification" settings. Within here is a pull-down list for you thread subscription settings. You can select "no email notification" in here.

if you've already disabled that function then I'm not sure where the problem lies. Maybe Brian can help with this one?
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Frizzer wrote:
    Nirvana, have you also disabled the email option under the "thread subscribe mode"?

Go to your profile via the "User CP" tab at the top of the page and then select "options". Part of the way down the page is the "Messaging and Notification" settings. Within here is a pull-down list for you thread subscription settings. You can select "no email notification" in here.

if you've already disabled that function then I'm not sure where the problem lies. Maybe Brian can help with this one?
    Thanks, Frizzer, but under Settings & Options I have "Edit Options," not just Options. I have only two boxes checked, one for "Use Invisible Mode" and "Enable Private messaging." I don't think the Invisible Mode works, since it always shows me on line to myself.
    Under "Default Thread Subscription Mode" I already had "No email notification." There is yet another option: "Do not subscribe." Perhaps that's what I should try?

But if I chose that I'm not sure I'd remember which threads I've been following most closely or be able to find ones I'm just getting acquainted with. You may think me lazy, but perhaps I'm just scatter-brained.
    D'ya think?
    edited January 2006
    Your 'Invisible mode' works.... ;)