Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Metta Saved Me From A Snakebite!

ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
edited November 2005 in Buddhism Today
OK this is a weird weird dream I had last night...Distantly though not directly related to Metta-Love...

OK it's quite a long dream, before and after it I had more productive dreams dreaming about a girl... :buck: Thus I shall cut it short... Sorry if it's a little confusing...

After some minutes in that dream... I was walking down a housing estate in the Northern part of Singapore... Then I walked till I came to this area where I spotted many snake-skins... Then I spotted this golden-coloured snake staring at me. I continued walking and it did not disturb me. I walked till the end of the road and saw a different snake, but still it was golden-coloured, it did not strike me though. (So I saw 2 snakes, I think they were both pythons)

I turned around and walked back till the first snake I saw. Now it wasn't friendly anymore... It raised its head and straightened its erm... back? Its neck was erect and I was like oh no... I quickly backed off and started to run. Before I could run off though, the snake just pounced on me!

It spat something wet into my left hand. It wasn't venom because it was warm and like saliva ( dude, I could feel warmness in my hand! I was aware of my dream!)... But it didn't stop there! It opened its mouth and there were two fangs there, ready to bite into my left hand! At that moment I just placed my right hand over its head straight away (didn't contact its skin though) and quickly did a metta (May this snake be happy!). And WOW! The snake withdrew from my hand, then just rested on the ground with its neck still erect... I stroke its head twice using my right hand and did the same metta again... Then it withdrew into its original resting place and I didn't see it again... Then I guessed it was when I went into another dream...

Well it might very well been just a dream but it was like dude!!! Today I woke up and I never had a fear of snakes, now I'm a little edgy whenever I walk past a bush, but no pernament damage done. Well, could metta really save you from a snake in real life? Anyway it was quite ironic... Wouldn't the snake be happy with a fang in my palm? Hehe...

May all snakes be happy! :woowoo:

Comments

• edited November 2005
    ajani_mgo wrote:
    Well, could metta really save you from a snake in real life?

Yes, though it couldn't save you once you were bitten.