Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Someone Stole Our New Puppy....

edited December 2005 in General Banter
I am just hearbroken over this. We just got our daughter a new puppy two and a half weeks ago, and someone stole him from us on Saturday. I just can't believe someone would do that. My husband and the puppy were out hiking together, and then they were going to the pet store, and my husband had our puppy in the front of his truck, ran into a store for 2 minutes, came out and the puppy was gone. So now our daughter is without her new puppy. I just don't understand people! You don't just take someone else's pet! I just wanted everyone to please send some thoughts our way, and the puppy's way! I just hope that whoever took him treats him as good as we did.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    I am so sorry about this.... Your poor little girl must be heartbroken...
    Unfortunately, with Christmas coming up, maybe someone thought it was a cheaper option than buying one....

Does he have ID tattoo, or a micro-chip? :(
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2005
    You sure it didn't just hop out of the truck?

-bf
  • edited December 2005
    Absolutely positive he didn't hop out of the truck - he was in the front of the truck and it was locked. No id's or micro-chip in him yet. My husband was on his way to get id's made for him that morning and we were going to make an appt. to get him a chip. :(
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited December 2005
    that is just so sad :(

I'm so sorry about this. I wish there was something more I could offer. :(
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited December 2005
    YogaMama,

I am sorry to hear this, but perhaps you can look at it another way. Try to see it as someone else who might not have been able to afford it now has a wonderful new friend.

It is simply a good reminder of what a powerful, and compelling force greed, hatred, and delusion are. How could someone steal a young girl's pet? Greed, hatred, and delusion are how. I would feel compassion for the thief simply because they are such slaves to their own unrestrained desires. Just imagine how much suffering and unhappiness they will have to face throughout the rest of their life if they continue with this behavior. All we can hope for is that the poor creature is treated with love.

As for your daughter, I am very sad for her, but perhaps this can be used to teach here about life and how to be compassionate to those that intentionally do you harm. An example is, yes they stole your wonderful pet, but perhaps they were so lonely and miserable that they couldn't control themselves. Or perhaps they wanted it because they wanted their own son/daughter to be happy for Christmas and they simply didn't have any money. While it is a poor excuse to do what they did, in their minds they might have seen it as a good reason.

Just a thought anyway.

Jason
  • edited December 2005
    My heart goes out to your family - what a terrible thing to happen!

At least you can tell your daughter that your international sangha is thinking of your family at this time of loss.
  • edited December 2005
    Thanks everyone. And thank you Jason for giving me another way to look at this. I have also been thinking that maybe, in some way, this is a blessing in disguise. Maybe this wasn't the right dog for us...maybe he was going to become agressive and bite our daughter...who knows. I just hope the little guy is safe and happy.
  • edited December 2005
    You say the trunk was locked.

If a person managed to get it open, I'm quite sure the dog may of been able to as well.

But why was the dog locked in a trunk!?

But, I suppose everything happens for a reason.....
  • edited December 2005
    Sangha wrote:
    You say the trunk was locked.....

......But why was the dog locked in a trunk!?

You mis-read it, she said it was locked in the truck, not in a trunk ! :lol: :thumbsup:
  • edited December 2005
    Oh sheesh - I would NEVER lock a puppy in a TRUNK!!! Trust me, I treat (and have treated) all of my pets with the utmost respect.
  • edited December 2005
    YogaMama,

I am so sorry to hear that! I'm sure your daughter is really upset over it, too.:(

Adiana
  • edited December 2005
    Oh, OK, sorry. It's just that in England we would call it a "boot", not a "trunk", so that's why I mis-understood.

Anyway, if one of the windows was open it could of found it's way out, or if you left a door ajar... was there any sign of forced entry?
  • edited December 2005
    No doors were left open, no windows left open (only cracked open so he could breath. The doors were locked, they got in anyways.