Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Lost my Flower to an offline Sangha

edited December 2005 in Sanghas
TEeHee.

Visted my first Meditation session. Got up at the crack of dawn, drove 45 minutes to the Unity Temple in Kansas City, and sat amongst a group of people in complete silence for 45 minutes.

I gotta say, it was strange for me at first.

I opened my eyes and looked around at the 35-40 people in the congregation, all had their eyes closed, sitting up straight, and breathing mindfully.

It was another world there for a minute, but I soon sunk into the feeling.

All in all, it was a great experience. I will definitely go again, and possibly find other Sangha's to visit. :)

Comments

• MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited December 2005
    very happy to hear you say that. group sitting or even 2 people is good.

One day at college I found en empty classroom to meditate in. Another student walked in and asked to join me. So we sat there in silence, strangers. That was the first time I think anyone had ever seen me meditate, let alone with a stranger, but it was a great experience!

Tell us more Knotty! How was the old monkey-mind?

• edited December 2005
    I saw the title: "Lost my Flower..." thinking it was going to be more exciting lol! JK!

I love going to my Buddhist centre.