Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Odd and unusual pets...

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited December 2005 in General Banter
I have had:
Western hognose snakes, Florida king snakes, A Royal Python, a Rainbow Boa and a Madagascar Tree Boa.... I love snakes!

Comments

• edited December 2005
    We have also had a hog nose snake! I will have to ask my husband what type of hognose it was. We have also had ring neck snakes, and some other kind of kingsnakes. I'll have to ask my husband what they were exactly. We had 4 collared lizards, but we dontaed them to a children's center a few months ago. Other than that, just the typical pets - dogs and cats!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2005
    I had a pet tapeworm once.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    eeeeeeugh!!
    edited December 2005
    Yeah...

He was kind of a pain in the butt.

Oh god... I kill myself sometimes. :lol:

-bf
  • edited December 2005
    You kill us sometimes, too. With a slow and painful death.....
    edited December 2005
    Yoda...

You're funny. :)

You actually had me laughing at my desk with that one.

Now... shut it.

-bf
  • edited December 2005
    Oh good...because there have been a few times when your posts have made me laugh out loud at my desk as well, and people look at me funny when I do that!
  • edited December 2005
    My late husband, Sonny, had a pet tarantula (spelling?) named Eloise. It used to give me the creeps! :hair: :eekblue: I detest spiders, yet I don't know why? I can only guess maybe when I was a very young child, maybe I had a bad experience with spiders. Who knows?

Adiana:hiding: :confused: :usflag:
    edited December 2005
    Might have something to do with the number of spiders a human eats, throughout their lifetime, in their sleep.

Nummers!

-bf
    edited December 2005
    And before someone gets out their Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch and starts beating me about the head and shoulders with "Right Speech"... this is just an urban legend.

-bf
  • edited December 2005
    my daugter had a pet gecko, carlito(carlita) wonderful pet, lots of personality.
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Geckos are so cute! My biology teacher used to have a bunch of them...I think they've all escaped to the math hallway by now... :eek2: She also has a pet garden snake named Salazar...hahaha...

[/Harry Potter reference]

Anyway. I've had countless cats, because I take in every one I see in my neighborhood - unfortunately, I guess some families around here don't want to take proper care of them :( Right now, I've only got one "official" housecat, Neko. She's really...furry...as in, when she attacks someone, there's always a puff of fur along with it.

*sneeze*
  • edited December 2005
    ea_1_bo.JPG
    He thinks he's a dog and that I make him a new bed every day. The fact is they're meditation mats and he's not a real dog. I haven't the heart to tell him though. Plus, it's funny watching him trying to sit on a Zafu.
    edited December 2005
    Cute looking doggy.

I'd love to get a greyhound mix - especially one of those little versions of greyhounds - I just can't take the potty training...

-bf
  • edited December 2005
    Try a Saluki, wonderful animals and they'll have you trained in no time.
    edited December 2005
    No thanks.

I owned an Afgan at one time - when that sucker got away - he could run alllllllllllll day.

Nothing with legs longer than 2 inches.

-bf
  • edited December 2005
    Xmas_Oreo.gif
    Merry Buddhistmas!
    From the Odd&Unusual, Oreo Kitty
  • edited December 2005
    Ok, that's just too cute!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    Welcome Butterfly, and thanks for that one....! :)
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Aw, now I want to go cuddle something.