Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

From Nick & Me, to you.....

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited May 2006 in Buddhism Today
Well, we've had discussions on the Death penalty, on the Buddhist view of Homosexuality, on politics and on religion...
We've talked, chatted, discussed, and it's always been educational for me, it's always been interesting, it's always been illuminating, but above all, it's always been a privilege.

So, one and all, this is MY Christmas/Buddhist gift to you all,
wishing you all a wondeful time whatever you might be doing....

http://www.mma-video.com/lovingkindness/Metta.htm

Be patient....It takes a moment or two to download.... the blue screen will transform...Give it a minute....!

note: it's quite long (10 minutes), so turn up the volume on your PC, give yourself a quarter of an hour or so, (includding brewing a cup of Tea!) and enjoy....:)

Comments

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited December 2005
    Nick and Fede,

Thank you.

:)

Jason
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    Elohim, the pleasure is ours...
    I'll have to time it one day to see exactly how long it is.... :)
  • edited December 2005
    Lovely, that's left me with a nice warm feeling inside!
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Fede and Nick,
    Very nice! Thank you.
  • edited December 2005
    That was wonderful. I really enjoyed it. Thank you!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Thank you both.
  • edited January 2006
    Thank you both, it took my mind off a sh***y day.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Yup... every now and then, when I need to get my feet back on the ground, I just listen to this...
    edited May 2006
    The Metta Chant link went down for a while....it has now been re-instated....If you haven't heard this before, have a go now.....

http://www.mma-video.com/lovingkindness/Metta.htm

It's worth every second of the ten minutes or so you'll spend looking at and listening to it....

When you first open it, give it a moment or two to download...it's quite a big programme, but worth saving.....

Bask and enjoy.

This one is for YOU.

Love you all. Fede.
    edited May 2006
    .....And in the same vein, you might be pleased to find out about this, too......

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/
  • edited May 2006
    Thank you Federica

I listened twice today. Once to hear what it was and next to prepare to meditate.

Wonderful

Russell
  • edited May 2006
    Thank you Fede and Nick,

I actually saw my first real Lotus today, growing just 5 minutes bike-ride from my flat. They are more beautiful than I ever could have imagined.

Once again, thank you to the whole Sangha.

In deep Gassho,

Dave