Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Notice to ALL Members:

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited March 2011 in NewBuddhist.com
Would all members take note:

Please do not use/download/attach any emoticons/smileys which are not from this site.

We have more than enough emoticons/smileys for use on this website.
There is, or should be, absolutely no need to go using any others form elsewhere.

Large moving/animated emoticons and smileys from any other location will be deleted.
Any issues, please contact Lincoln.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    As you wish. The poke smiley is not working here. :buck:
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited March 2011
    Party pooper! :(
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    It creates more problems in the forum program that anyone realises.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    Too bad. They were fun. Though I never did figure out how to download them to here, myself.
  • I think I notice pages loading faster already.
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    :(
  • It creates more problems in the forum program that anyone realises.
    What kinds of problems?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    The kind of problems we don't need.
    As I've suggested, contact Lincoln. I'm not a tecchie, but all I know is, they're a right pain in the techno-butt.
  • I'm assuming it would probably slow page loading time as well as make code occasionally go screwey. *shrug* I think it's a good implementation. :)
  • Oh, I understand the problem, now. I assume linking to smileys on another site is OK, but attaching copies of them in posts on this site could be a problem. (I could see copyright issues, among other things.)
    OK:
    Had a long chat with Lincoln: It seems I may have over-stated matters, but I made an assumption based on a comment made between Mod's, put 2 and 2 together and came up with 48. (No, not 42, as some of you may opine!)

This consequently may have ruffled feathers, and for that I unreservedly apologise.

The case was that on another website I frequent, the moderators have completely banned people from downloading any documentation, smileys, emoticons , you-tube clips or images, because - according to them and Admin - it causes a heavy drain on their programming and slows the forum down.
    While that may be the case there, it seems the issue is not critical here, but I had thought it was.
    It seems I may have over-stated the issue....
    And there I must leave it, because Compu-techno is not my forte.

However, too many alien smileys bouncing around in a thread are a distraction, and bloody irritating...
    I for one, on a personal note, would very much appreciate if people could keep them to a minimum.

On that note, thank you for 'listening'. :)