Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

help to navigate here

edited March 2011 in NewBuddhist.com
Is there any ''help part'' of this forum which will help to navigate here?

I am sorry, I might be slow but I can’t find it.

Comments

• i think your best bet is to use the search bar on the top right part of the website.

or go into each category. or search by clicking. it's not practical but idk any other way lol. good luck.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    What is the problem you're having, exactly, tess?
  • Thank you for offering help.

I have to go now but looking forward to your help.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    All of it is help. That's what the forum's here for. The sections are listed on the right, otherwise you're browsing through the newest / most often posted to threads on the forum of any category. If you have a specific question/issue with this forum in particular, there's a "NewBuddhist.com" section for that one.
  • edited March 2011
    I find it difficult to follow certain parts.

Somebody send me a PM. I don’t know what I clicked next but the second part of the message appeared. It asked me for a response except, I can’t access it anymore.

I also find difficult, not be rude to people in the conversations I took part by not answering them.

It seems I have to read a lot - to make sure I follow it. I know I can click my name and then follow it but it is time consuming.

Last question:

What is the purpose of Activity part of this forum?

Having this opportunity I would like say thank you to owners and moderators of this site.

It is a great pleasure to find a place on the Internet full of gracious people. What is more important, place where has offered me so many answers to my questions.

PLS forgive my English as it is not my mother language.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    "Activity" is kind of like the news feed on Facebook. It's still a work in progress :)

If you only see part of a Conversation, click on it to see the rest. Sorry it's a little confusing.
  • Is there a way to see the list of topics on the mobile version, or to change the site to the desktop one?
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    @Arjquad I'll admit I'm completely ignorant of how the mobile version works as I still have a stupidphone.

Can anyone else help out?
  • ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited March 2011
    Arjquad, which phone do you have? If you have an Android phone, you can go into the browser settings and change the 'User agent' to a desktop one. Most modern mobile browsers will allow you to change the user agent string.

I don't see a way to get to the desktop version of list the topics from the actual mobile page, but changing the user agent works fine.

Edit: To clarify, the user agent string is what the browser sends to identify itself to the server. You can trick the server into thinking it's a desktop browser by changing the user agent string.
  • I'm using a second generation itouch
  • ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited March 2011
    Oh, I don't know much about iStuff, so I can't help you there. It gets pretty advanced if you want to use the default browser, you'd have to jailbreak it then fiddle with it for a while to get it to work.

Are there other browsers you can install on it, like Opera or something?
  • I wish, I hate safari
  • Ok, I did some research for you.

If you jailbreak your ipod touch, you can install UAFaker which will change the user agent string for you.

If you don't want to jailbreak, there are other browsers out there.
    Try Perfect Browser, for example. It lets you change to the desktop version.
    http://www.perfectbrowser.com/
  • "Activity" is kind of like the news feed on Facebook. It's still a work in progress :)

If you only see part of a Conversation, click on it to see the rest. Sorry it's a little confusing.
    Lincoln,

Please don’t feel sorry. I feel really privileged to be here. THANK YOU.
    Your moderators are great too. No bulling and full of tolerance but keeping trolls away.

:thumbup: