Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A New Jedi Council

edited November 2005 in Buddhism Today
We sit and ponder how balance can be maintained as much as possible. Sometimes that means fighting today for peace tomorrow. We sit in a circle wearing robes. We remain calmly separate from the screaming politicians. We display even grins and concerned frowns while the dems and repubs scream in a rage when they perceive their power is waning and laugh like the Joker when they smell a political victory. We remain calmly in contemplation and quietly deliberate in action.
May the force be with you.

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited November 2005
    Funny, i just watched Ep III again last night :wtf:
  • edited November 2005
    I love Star Wars!:buck: I enjoy not only the special effects and big saber duels, but the jedi philosophy behind it as well.

It does drive me nuts though when my dad tries to ask a question about these sacred movies. It is bad enough that he has never seen any of the movies, but when he sees Yoda on TV and asks if that character is Chebaccer?:banghead:
  • edited November 2005
    We too love the Star Wars movies! I wonder what the root of the jedi philosophy is?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2005
    Wanna see a real-life photo of Yoda......?

"Tsenzhab Serkong Rinpoche was a massive man – a monk with shaved head, red robes, and a deeply lined face that made him look more ancient than his years. His humble, wise manner and gentle humor made him appear like the archetypal sage of fables. This quality did not escape the notice of Westerners who met him. Upon seeing him in Dharamsala, for instance, the makers of the popular film Star Wars decided to use him as the model for Yoda, the spiritual guide of the epic. Rinpoche never saw the movie, but would undoubtedly have been amused at the caricature. Rinpoche’s most outstanding feature, however, was his relationship with His Holiness the Dalai Lama."

http://www.berzinarchives.com/bioghaphies/portrait_serkong_rinpoche.html

(Scroll down to 'Rinpoche's Life & personality'.)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Wow, he really does look like Yoda! Wonder how he was with a light saber?

Palzang
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Here are the Fett's with two of my basses...

-bf