Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Libertarian Party

edited January 2006 in Buddhism Today
Here is the Libertarian Party site. Just case anyone is on medication DON'T WORRY check out this site and you will find plenty of people that will have you put down.

http://www.theadvocates.org/index.html

These people are rightwing nuts but don't take my word for it.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    Do you mean Right Wing nuts, or right wingnuts?!?
  • edited December 2005
    You choose.....remember its your right to bare arms. You can do what you want.

This site get more colourful by the day. I am currently looking on ebay old soviet tank to drive down the Libertarian Party HQ (in DC )with a big peace flag on top. Wait till they were all reciting The Teaching of Buddha from the lobby cause you you know that's what they would do) and then "I would push the button"....cause it's my right....ye

I am curious federic, have we had any Combat 18 members of the Buddist persuasion on this site?
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2005
    What is Combat 18, HH. Sounds like the military wing of Club Med.
  • edited December 2005
    they are the paramilitary wing of the BNP. Funny as you weren't far off really.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2005
    I almost hesitate to ask - but what's the bnp?

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    British Nationalist Party.
  • edited December 2005
    i read tank with a peaceflag on top and i actually felt like getting a tank and starting a rally or something <_<
  • edited December 2005
    Libertarians believe all people should be free to live and explore their life paths as they choose; that each person is best suited to choosing his own path. And, as long as their choices/path does not negatively hinder or harm that of the next, they should be free to do as they wish and grow as they may. Lives of toleration, self-betterment, voluntary charity and lack of servitude to anything but the direction one's own choices take them are base beliefs, persuits and goals of the Libertarian party.

I've never been to the site HH posted.

This is the official website: http://www.lp.org
  • edited December 2005
    self-betterment, voluntary charity............Guttless, answer my questions brother......
  • edited December 2005
    From the official site.
    Law-abiding, responsible citizens do not and should not need to ask anyone's permission or approval to engage in a peaceful activity. Gun ownership, by itself, harms no other person and cannot morally justify criminal penalties.

Hunt4life Charlton Heston will be proud of you.
  • edited December 2005
    I don't find these things to be "guttless", can you explain this view, in a Buddhist sense?

Are there questions pending? I wasn't aware of them.
    edited December 2005
    *MODERATING*

I will take this opportunity to quietly and gently remind you that we are on a Buddhist forum and impolite confrontation is not encouraged....

The major limitation here seems to be that you are discussing politics from the opposite sides of the Atlantic.
    There is much, I am sure that would unite you in your views: Buddhism is about finding the common and middle ground....
    The timbre of discussion has occasionally become a little aggressive.
    This occasionally makes for uncomfortable reading for others, and reduces contribution....
    I have discussed this with another forum member, and feel it appropriate at this time to just nudge in with a gentle 'caveat'....

Should you wish to discuss pure politics, and not engage in a discussion pertaining to or concerning Buddhism, I would respectfully suggest that perhaps you find a political forum, or begin the PM'ing....
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Kalaha-vivada Sutta

"From where have there arisen
    quarrels, disputes,
    lamentation, sorrows, along with selfishness,
    conceit & pride, along with divisiveness?
    From where have they arisen?
    Please tell me."
    "From what is dear
    there have arisen
    quarrels, disputes,
    lamentation, sorrows, along with selfishness,
    conceit & pride, along with divisiveness.
    Tied up with selfishness
    are quarrels & disputes.
    In the arising of disputes
    is divisiveness."

"Where is the cause
    of things dear in the world,
    along with the greeds that go about in the world?
    And where is the cause
    of the hopes & fulfillments
    for the sake of a person's next life?"

"Desires are the cause
    of things dear in the world,
    along with the greeds that go about in the world.
    And it too is the cause
    of the hopes & fulfillments
    for the sake of a person's next life."

"Now where is the cause
    of desire in the world?
    And from where have there arisen
    decisions, anger, lies, & perplexity,
    and all the qualities
    described by the Contemplative?"

"What they call
    'appealing' &
    'unappealing'
    in the world:
    in dependence on that
    desire arises.
    Having seen becoming & not-
    with regard to forms,
    a person gives rise to decisions in the world;
    anger, lies, & perplexity:
    these qualities, too, when that pair exists.
    A person perplexed
    should train for the path of knowledge,
    for it's in having known
    that the Contemplative has spoken
    of qualities/dhammas."

"Where is the cause
    of appealing & un-?
    When what isn't
    do they not exist?
    And whatever is meant
    by becoming & not- :
    tell me,
    Where is its cause?"

"Contact is the cause
    of appealing & un-.
    When contact isn't
    they do not exist.
    And whatever is meant
    by becoming & not- :
    this too is its cause."

"Now where is the cause
    of contact in the world,
    and from where have graspings,
    possessions, arisen?
    When what isn't
    does mine-ness not exist.
    When what has disappeared
    do contacts not touch?"

"Conditioned by name & form
    is contact.
    In longing do graspings,
    possessions have their cause.
    When longing isn't
    mine-ness does not exist.
    When forms have disappeared
    contacts don't touch."

"For one arriving at what
    does form disappear?
    How do pleasure & pain disappear?
    Tell me this.
    My heart is set
    on knowing how
    they disappear."

"One not percipient of perceptions
    not percipient of aberrant perceptions,
    not unpercipient,
    nor percipient of what's disappeared:
    for one arriving at this,
    form disappears —
    for complication-classifications
    have their cause in perception."

"What we have asked, you have told us.
    We ask one more thing.
    Please tell it.
    Do some of the wise
    say that just this much is the utmost,
    the purity of the spirit is here?
    Or do they say
    that it's other than this?"

"Some of the wise
    say that just this much is the utmost,
    the purity of the spirit is here.
    But some of them,
    who say they are skilled,
    say it's the moment
    with no clinging remaining.

Knowing,
    'Having known, they still are dependent,'
    the sage, ponders dependencies.
    On knowing them, released,
    he doesn't get into disputes,
    doesn't meet with becoming & not-
    : he's enlightened."

- Sn IV.11
  • edited January 2006
    Federica,
    I will drop it, however politics are life whether you are talking about something as simple as the price of beer or fuel whatever part of the world they come from .I want to point out I have never recommend politic websites especially when they are embracing extreme far right opinions.
    May I recommend that we have a clear ground rule and that is we don't push party links outside the mainstream as difficult as that may seem.
    I wish to point out before anyone questions my actions here that as most of you are aware I have show passion in politic beliefs but I have never expressed my voting intentions nor recommend party politics. I have always believed people must find their own way. I would only wish that before folk make that big leap of faith that they should be prepared to understand the detains of why things can go wrong and not flip flop on issue at the drop of hat. Understand the politic package and realise politicians are full of the weakness and faults be all have. I only wish that some of you guys had the interest to get involved.
    I love this site because it's lively and International. To answer a question from a different post from Simon" what do you what from us". I only wish to understand more about Buddhism. I am interested in the Buddhist mind set as I hope and believe it can make me a better person. I have never wished for a pay off at the end which seems to be a big far of Buddhist belief. My only wish to improve the here and now as it is only that that can change the tomorrow.
    Anyway I am rambling.... Federica I appreciate it puts you in an difficult position and I respect this.

HH