Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I'D really like to see pictures of Buddha Statues people might have in their home!! GOT1?

edited March 2011 in Arts & Writings
I'll upload mine later. I got it from home sense in Canada, 30 dollars and it's spectacular, beautiful. Green porcelain kind of form.

Comments

• MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    edited March 2011
    If you say so. :) Hold on a second...
  • I'm not at home at the moment, but will try to remember to take a picture later.

I got mine from my sister-in-law. She went to Thialand, and got a statute and an incense burner for me as a present. I was super shocked.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    @PeaceandLove, Please check which section you're posting in when you create a thread. I'm moving this to... Arts & Writings. Thank you.
    edited March 2011
    TERRIBLE QUALITY

Thats my room from a couple of weeks ago. I got another little Buddha statue which is now beside my bed, along with a little Zen Rock Garden. I moved things around a bit too.

Please excuse the gun rack too. I don't go hunting. In fact, I refuse to. I just shoot at cans for fun.
  • @mindgate nice. Is that song in Chinese? Also were those characters on the wall Chinese or Japanese?

I wish I had a Buddha statue.
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    This is my room. There is only one statue but I have a bunch more around the house, I just don't have pictures of them :)

• johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran
    I had a nice Buddha statue I got at a Dollar Store for $2.00... I'd take a picture of it but my 6 year old son asked if he could have it to take back to his mothers to have with the Hotei statue I'd already given to him (also $2.00).

I just found out his mother has thrown them both in the garbage as she and her family are quite the religious bigots (Christians who know little about Christianity and wear it as a label more than a way of life... And all they know about Buddhism is the word Buddhism but yet its a terrible thing) and as I've come to recently learn my coming out as a Buddhist was a main factor for our separation and soon to be divorce. (sorry, a little off topic there).

Guess I gotta get back to the dollar store and pick him up a couple replacements for his room at my place.
  • This is the framed one on my wall. FWIW. :)

@mindgate nice. Is that song in Chinese? Also were those characters on the wall Chinese or Japanese?

I wish I had a Buddha statue.
    The song is in Sanskrit. Its the Divine Mantra of Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara by Imee Ooi.

And I'm pretty sure the words on my wall are in Chinese.
  • Ah ok thanks
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    I had a nice Buddha statue I got at a Dollar Store for $2.00... I'd take a picture of it but my 6 year old son asked if he could have it to take back to his mothers to have with the Hotei statue I'd already given to him (also $2.00).

I just found out his mother has thrown them both in the garbage as she and her family are quite the religious bigots (Christians who know little about Christianity and wear it as a label more than a way of life... And all they know about Buddhism is the word Buddhism but yet its a terrible thing) and as I've come to recently learn my coming out as a Buddhist was a main factor for our separation and soon to be divorce. (sorry, a little off topic there).

Guess I gotta get back to the dollar store and pick him up a couple replacements for his room at my place.
    People throwing objects like that in the Bin creates some serious obstructions in their future.
  • edited March 2011
    @Roger wow that piece is amazing, do you know who it's by? FWIW?? Is it really framed on your wall? lol.......... hmmmmmmm