Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy eighth birthday, NewBuddhist!

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited September 2011 in NewBuddhist.com
It was eight years ago today that this site was born.

Some of the members I can name off the top of my head from back then: Mondi (with our very first post), Animal (who created the design that we still use today!), Tycho (our first "randomly-wandered in" guest, who stayed for quite a long time), some random dude named Lincoln, a fellow named ComicallyInsane, good old Buddhafoot, and a lot of my friends from Icrontic (back then it was called short-media).

Anyways, I was just being nostalgic. Carry on, and thank you all for being a part of this amazing journey :)

Comments

• 8 years? That's pretty incredible really. Most internet forums fizzle out in a matter of months.
  • Thanks for taking the time and money to run this great community. Happy birthday NewBuddhist! :thumbsup:
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    wowS!:) yay!:)Thanks everyone! And happy Birthday NEWBUDDHIST!
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited September 2011
    It was eight years ago today that this site was born.

Some of the members I can name off the top of my head from back then: Mondi (with our very first post), Animal (who created the design that we still use today!), Tycho (our first "randomly-wandered in" guest, who stayed for quite a long time), some random dude named Lincoln, a fellow named ComicallyInsane, good old Buddhafoot, and a lot of my friends from Icrontic (back then it was called short-media).

Anyways, I was just being nostalgic. Carry on, and thank you all for being a part of this amazing journey :)
    What am I, chopped liver? :p
  • Many happy returns, NewBuddhist!
  • Eight internet years is about eighty in human years. Congrats!
  • Congrats, NEWBUDDHIST. Eight years... WOW!
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited September 2011
    The sysadmin in me sees the ID of that discussion (7) and says "it required SIX test discussions, really?" :lol:

Cheers all :rocker:

(Personally I don't recognize @Jason's early participation because I'm still butthurt his user ID is one lower than mine). :p
  • Congrats Brian and all! I'm so glad I stumbled in!! :)
    edited September 2011
    The sysadmin in me sees the ID of that discussion (7) and says "it required SIX test discussions, really?" :lol:

Cheers all :rocker:
    OMG, reading my first post makes me cringe. The lack of capitalize, the appalling spelling and punctuation... oh the humanity!
    (Personally I don't recognize @Jason's early participation because I'm still butthurt his user ID is one lower than mine). :p
    Jelly? I'm an OB (Original Buddhist). :D
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    AND JASON AND JASON :D

O.N.B.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    I'd also like to personally call out and thank Federica, who arrived around the beginning of 2005, because she has stoically trudged along and help keep this community afloat even in our most down of downtimes :D Thank you, dear.

Of course, this community would not have made it this long without Lincoln and Jason. Thank you both.
    AND JASON AND JASON :D

O.N.B.
    That's more like it. :clap: