Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

All seeing eye - illuminati / sign during meditation

zen_worldzen_world Veteran
edited June 2011 in Meditation
Hi,

Over the last 3 days I have been seeing EYE symbols during meditation. Various shapes of eye symbols come and disappear all the time. This is very consistent and intense...Interestingly, most of the time, the eye appears on top of a pyramid just like the illuminati symbol. Yesterday, the eyes become more colorful, realistic, and bigger. For five seconds, a deity appeared behind one of the eyes but then disappeared right away.

I try not to be distracted by this and continue my meditation but I am curious if the eyes mean anything...
Thanks everyone...

Comments

• One time while tripping on mushrooms I saw banners of color and light streaming through the space around me covered in many blinking and moving eyes. Even more so, the eyes had eyes inside of eyes inside them, ad infinitum. I looked at my friends face and his eyes extrapolated into more banners of eyes. When I closed my eyes there were eyes on the inside of my eyes.

I realized these visions were just projections from my mind. We spend a lot of time looking at people in the eyes. They are "the gateway to the soul." It's no wonder our creative psyche frequently manifests the vision of eyes. I wouldn't look into it very much.
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    edited June 2011
    Visions are not uncommon, just return to the meditation object and let them pass without grasping.
  • Visions are not uncommon, just return to the meditation object and let them pass without grasping.
    I agree. You'll get over it. If you get "stuck" on these things then (IMO) your progress in meditation will be impeded.

• I saw a huge eye one time while at a movie theater in florida, it was like seeing into different dimensions at once, my eyes open. I saw it amongst a crowd of people and things in the entrance area of the theater like 20 feet by 15 feet or something, not flat but 3 dimensional. I was doing intense inner mantra japa at the time, I figured it was just my Guru's eye, not an illuminati sign?
  • YishaiYishai Veteran
    edited June 2011
    What you are mentioning is the Eye of Providence. It's everywhere too. And it has more than the meaning of the Illuminati :p

"Imagery of an all-seeing eye can be traced back to Egyptian mythology and the Eye of Horus. It also appears in Buddhism, where Buddha is also regularly referred to as the "Eye of the World" throughout Buddhist scriptures (e.g. Mahaparinibbana Sutta) and is represented as a trinity in the shape of a triangle known as the Tiratna, or Triple Gem.

In Medieval and Renaissance European iconography, the Eye (often with the addition of an enclosing triangle) was an explicit image of the Christian Trinity. Seventeenth-century depictions of the Eye of Providence sometimes show it surrounded by clouds or sun bursts."
    (Sourced to Wikipedia entry: Eye of Providence)
  • TakuanTakuan Veteran
    I think the confusion with the illuminati comes from a misunderstanding of the masons. Contrary to modern popular belief, the Masons have nothing to what people call "the illuminati". The Eye of Providence is a Masonic symbol that represents The Grand Architect (God). There has been confusion as of late because of conspiracy theorists trying to link Masons and their symbolism to the illuminati.

As far as visions go, just keep meditating. Try to ignore them. I know this can seem difficult, but just keep on trying. If they persist, consult your teacher. He or she could give you more insight than us.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    This is an interesting topic. I have had similar experiences.
  • I have been playing with silly putty a lot at work and lately when I sit down to meditate the nature of emptiness is revealed to my mind in the same contexual way as silly putty molding in my hands. It's weird lol
  • Its your subconscious telling you to make that dollar. :)
  • taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
    lol the eye is a funny symbol. essentially that is what you are looking for.
    that which looks out is looking for itself but cannot find itself because it is looking outwards.
    hope you find that which looks at words, emotions, images with awe filled eyes.
  • I am really curious why I see this symbol over and over again. I see hundreds of eyes during meditation - all comes and goes but they are getting bigger and more sharper. And why the illuminati symbol? I am not into illuminati or secret societies as a topic of interest. So there is no particular reason as to seeing this symbol.
    Has anyone got any good reason for that. Is it related to early stages of kundalini awakening in some way?
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    I think that King Graku of the planet illuminatus is trying to warn you of immenent danger to the earth. There is an asteroid on the way with two super sayans. One of them is Vegeta and he is going to destroy the world. You will have to find the dragon ball and summon up the eye spirit to fight Vegeta. First to unlock the door to the dragon ball you must search the land for the four relics one of earth, one of air, one of fire, and one of water.

haha just kidding I have never seen eyes. I would be worried too. I hear voices sometimes. I guess it is normal to have visions during meditation but this could also be symptoms of a psychiatric disease.
  • My suggestion for you is to put focus on it as the main visual focus with attention to the breath and mindful of random thoughts. Keep looking at it, examine it, and stay with your focus till you can at least have more of an idea of what it actually is. If these were just random thoughts I would say just be mindful, but these are actual visuals, so you will need to investigate into what they are. You may not find out, but this is the proper way to go about it. If it turns out good, you'll either find out what they are or gain control of it and project them at will. There's nothing bad that can come out from investigating this yourself. :)

regards
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited June 2011
    "On virtually every stupa (Buddhist shrine) in Nepal, there are giant pairs of eyes staring out from the four sides of the main tower.

These are Buddha Eyes (also known as Wisdom Eyes), and they look out in the four directions to symbolize the omniscience (all-seeing) of a Buddha.

The Buddha eyes are so prevalent throughout the country that they have become a symbol of Nepal itself.

Between the Buddha's eyes where the nose would be is a curly symbol that looks like question mark.

This is the Nepali character for the number 1, which symbolizes unity of all the things as well as the one way to reach enlightenment—through the Buddha's teachings.

Above this is a third eye, symbolizing the all-seeing wisdom of the Buddha."

---

In TB when meditating to develop concentration its customary to use the figure of a deity. The first thing you focus on when visualizing the image are the wisdom eyes slowly moving out as your focus gains stability. Ultimately though they're only projections of your own mind so its best not to focus on them and just return to your breath or whatever the focus of your meditation is.
  • treat like you would any other mental object in meditation :buck:
  • WhoknowsWhoknows Australia Veteran
    I concur with @BuckyG,

Renunciation is very important in Buddhism, that goes for renouncing our attachment to our meditative experiences.

Treat it like a dream, we shouldn't get hung up on the meaning of a dream, similarly we shouldn't get hung up on the meaning of the images in meditation. The images rarely have anything to do with the Buddhist path. In fact I have read that the goal of Buddhism can be considered realisation of sign-less-ness. Any perceptive mark (sign) is a distraction when clung to.

Dzongsar Rinpoche uses the description, when describing the process of moving away from enlightenment, as ideas and concepts getting stuck to our consciousness. In this analogy it could be considered "to make more heavy". So whenever we get stuck on an idea we are loading up our consciousness, making it more heavy. When we are removing the gunk off our consciousness we are making it less heavy, I suppose enlightening it.

Probably, a reasonable course of action, in this case would be to turn around the subject and object of meditation. Instead of focusing on the eyes themselves, focus on the consciousness that is observing the eyes. Better yet follow the advice of your teacher or spiritual friend who is helping you on your journey. He/she will have better recommendations that are suited to you as an individual and will help you on the journey.

Cheers, WK
  • Bodha8Bodha8 Veteran
    ZW,

I can find no reference, nor can I remember any teaching that has found visions during meditation to be a good thing. In fact there are some views that feel such things may impede your journey toward enlightenment.

Please be careful.

With Metta

http://www.meditationexpert.com/paranormal/p_voices_in_the_head_and_spiritual_visions.htm
  • VincenziVincenzi Veteran
    edited June 2011
    if visions lead to realisation (even partial), they are a great aid.

Parabola - Tool (last ~2 minutes)
  • Thank you all...This is the sixth night and I still see the all seeing eye symbol. I try not to give any meaning to it and try to continue my meditation. But this is very interesting.
    I am a little bit confused. Some of you said that I should let it go while some said I should focus on it. These are two opposite methods. Regardless, I tried both methods but there is no change yet as I still see the eyes. But because I practice zen, I think I should let it go and I should not cling to it.

This is an interesting quote I find on the web about the all seeing eye during meditation:

"The eye on the seal represents a concept of active intervention of Deity in the affairs of men while the Masonic symbol stands for a passive awareness by the deity of the activities of the men"

• Not to focus on it as in "attaching" it, but to focus on it to see whether or not it is worth concern, and to see if anything else happens. If nothing happens, then loosen that focus and just ignore it each time.
  • forgetfulbuddhaforgetfulbuddha 38.922663, -77.042668 New
    Zen_world, I think god or your higher self is talking to you and you may be a buddha/bodhisatva like me. after my first meditation like that I didn't have to eat for a week! If you're doing what I think then you're activating the pineal gland and that's the cause of the visions in this reality. however, that doesn't make it un-real. it's just a medical/scientific explanation.

I've had several visions while meditating over the last 15 years but none as vivid as the ones I've had while activating my higher crown chakra. you're explanation sounds like to me you are achieving this state too and having a "full meditation" by activating you're higher crown chakra. this is called samhadi. I keep meeting people that have seen the eye while taking drugs, and from my experience with meditation and drugs I don't think it's nearly as vivid with the drugs. Plus the people that usually see this on drugs have fucked up chaotic visions like the art from the covers of a "tool" album. Where as the meditation visions of the eye are beautiful and fill you with knowledge and love. When you sit down to meditate next time try to see if you are going from a "white myst" area to a "blue ozone" area to a "black void". most people stop at the black void and thing that's where to stop with meditation because you feel really awesome, but the point is to go past that. oh, and you may go out of order through the colors I mentioned, that's ok. After the black void if you push through it you will feel your kundilini rise and levitate the tingle in your forehead above your cranium. if you do you can achieve this state very simply. To me it feels like I'm actually levitating the sun, but the eye of Heru is always what comes above the horizon. then as soon as I make the commitment to stay in this place I am basked with warm love and I always realize that I am looking at myself because we are all one. I believe if you are seeing the eye without the aid of drugs you are a buddha or a bodhisatva. I believe many people are waking up and this is the first step.

I was actually inspired to become a mason when I had my first vision of the all seeing eye. I did my research and I can tell you don't believe all the bullshit your reading about them on the internet. That's all I'll say about the masons. But I'd like to talk to you about meditation. I'm on gmail with the same username, also to the rest of you hit me up. even if you're not Zen_world..... unless you're a spambot.

oh and for me I always see the left eye

-Jason

"break on through to the other side!"
    -the doors
  • forgetfulbuddhaforgetfulbuddha 38.922663, -77.042668 New
    Oh and I forgot to mention that the following days after the meditation, aside from not having to eat for several days, my heart chakra felt like it was "glowing" with energy and pouring out like a fountain. it was very rejuvenating. also I could feel my pineal gland too, it was a good feeling but an ache also. I can only compare it with the good feeling or ache you feel in your muscles when you workout except more friendly and a lot less painful. more like .... "oh, you're still there..hello!"

has the not having to eat for several days happened to anyone else?
    The Buddhist defintion of a bodhisattva is someone who's motivated by the wish to achieve enlightenment in order to benefit others, its a selfless, altruistic motivation. It doesn't directly relate to ones spiritual realization though they usually go hand in hand. So @forgetfulbuddha I'm not trying to argue that you don't have deep spiritual experiences just that these aren't what defines a bodhisattva.
  • @zen_world What you're seeing could well be a symptom of Kundalini rising. Colorful visual phenomena are part of the package.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2012
    ....and to follow @person 's post a bodhisattva neither needs, or sees it necessary, to point out that they're a bodhisattva, to others.

Sorry, but claims of that kind immediately make me recoil and cringe.....
  • guys this is an old thread....I already discovered what was happening ... it was my third eye got activated after this event...when you see the illuminati sign and eyes, it means you are being watched.

@forgetbuddha thanks for interesting reply, but I have to agree with @person and @federica here...this event has nothing to do with being a buddha or boddhisatva...

• I got poked in the eye once. Ouch!
    forgetfulbuddha
  • When my eyes are closed, I see an eye regularly, off and on. It is possible that it is symbolic of your third eye, and its awakening.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited February 2012
    ....and to follow @person 's post a bodhisattva neither needs, or sees it necessary, to point out that they're a bodhisattva, to others.

Sorry, but claims of that kind immediately make me recoil and cringe.....
    @federica, I have met a teacher who was introduced as a bodhisattva and I just sat with the group. Zen. He didn't talk to me much but when they did walking meditation he was the only one who knew that the reason I didn't get up with the others was that my legs were numb. I guess my point is that it's possible that may be a title and that it doesn't mean that it is a cult, neccessarily.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2012
    He was introduced as a Bodhisattva.
    It is not for a great teacher to declare themselves great, although others may expound that view.
    Actions speak louder than words, as they did in your group....
    I'm not denying they exist, and neither am I denying that some see themselves as such....
    the detail is in the personal declaration and concept.....

I added a :)

I'm not being hostile, here.....
  • Thanks, Federica. I guess it was like Suzuki's book titled Not Always So, have you heard of that book?

But I didn't think you were hostile, I guess I was sidetracking things, sorry.
  • I hope I don't start seeing eyes now, that would be distracting
    I hear ears and feel fingers, is that weird? :buck:
  • Hmmm gonnna say look deep at that one. Im not sure..
  • I saw the eye in the pyramid very clearly during a two week Zen Buddhist retreat. Having Gnostic tendencies, I identified it as a type of cosmic Archon. It was intrusive to say the least, and when it's first attempts at domination failed, it tried illusory seduction. My impression was that it attempts to control or manipulate the ajna chakra in aspirants when it is awakened, in order to be worshipped as the Divine. Not a strictly Buddhist interpretation, however it did occur during a Buddhist retreat.
  • edited June 2012
    The eye is the first circle.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • ArthurbodhiArthurbodhi Mars Veteran
    edited June 2012
    Why you have to tell us that?

now I'm going to see eyes everywhere in meditation...

Ok, just kidding, but I hope not the become a real thing :p
  • Zen_World I was hoping I could ask you about your final understanding on this subject. While meditating I can find myself encompassed inside a sphere made up of eyes in tringles (like the Epcott Center sphere but about 9 feet in diameter) and when "awake" in normal reality I can also manage to sometimes manifest them such that everything I see is made up of the same pattern. I am also trying to move past this, especially now that I can see them "awake". I feel fear when experienceing them as I worry about getting "stuck" and also because seeing them in reality brings a feeling of a false reality. I am wondering what you meant about "being watched"? Mahalo.
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    To me, that all see eye follows me everywhere. The only time it doesn't is when
    "she who must be obeyed" goes to bed early.
    My sympathies.
  • To me, that all see eye follows me everywhere. The only time it doesn't is when
    "she who must be obeyed" goes to bed early.
    My sympathies.
    :D
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    A religious friend of mine once took acid and had a "bad trip", seeing all kinds of satanic symbols. I think what we see is mostly about our concerns and past experiences. He was very concerned with hell at the time.
  • visions are fun...and can give insight too.

fun comes and goes.
    insight too.
  • how, your comment may indeed hold more meaning for me than it appears on the face of it :)