Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dharma Centers

edited June 2005 in Sanghas
I'm wondering if monasteries or Zen centers offer rooms to members of the community who need one for a short time. I'm thinking of moving to a new place to be closer to my girl and she's worried about not having a job and not having a place to stay, so i was just wondering if they have places like this for members of the center/sangha even for a price to support the temple.

Thank You.

Comments

• emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    I am not sure about where you are, but some of the monasteries in Australia do this, but you need to be a 'member' of the temple and it is mainly for meditation retreats etc.
    I guess that was no help...
  • edited June 2005
    im in America...Lubbock, Texas is the place I was thinking of moving, but so far I'll be staying in Denver, Colorado by next month.
  • ZenLunaticZenLunatic Veteran
    edited June 2005
    I found this on tricycle.com's dharma center page. There are many others in the area

http://www.shambhaladenver.org/

I'm sure if you offer to do work for them, depending on the center, they'll be able to arrange something. good luck!
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited June 2005
    yeah, if you're willing to follow their schedule, help out with chores, and take care of the monks, generally some of them will "take you in". Just call and ask.