Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How My Cat Teaches Me to Be in The Present Moment.

Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
edited April 2012 in General Banter
I think my cat is very good at mindfulness. Everything she does is done with grace and concentration.

Almost as if nothing is more important than the bird-like feathers at the end of a bungee string.

No time exist and every moment is the NOW.

Here is a video

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Has the SPCA seen this video????
  • hahaha! I doubt it!
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    God, it's the best when I manage to scare the crap out of my cat... whether on purpose or not... when I see them shoot four feet into the air, I just die laughing.
  • I thought of you when I posted this @zombiegirl... I chase my cat around the house and hide....make a squeek noise, wait for her to investigate and shoot out from wherever I'm hidding... she freaks out!!!

I also recently gave her a bath.. look how dirty the water is with cat hair!

and yes, she can swim.. i checked
  • btw...don't look at my embarrasing tub... i don't know how to get rid of the grim that is growing on the tile...
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    Cats disappear for long periods of time without letting you know where they're going, poll in like nothing has happened and give you a dirty look!

The rest of the time they sit around the house doing nothing at all but eating and ignoring you.

Cats are like teenagers, only they don't smell as bad.

:D
  • Im curious as to why my cat hates my husband. She tolerates him, mildly but he can't touch her without getting seriously injured. I've tried to trick her into liking him with treats, positive reinforcement... everything.

I give up...she is dependent on me. I finally broke her of a strange habbit she had...she would only eat if i sat next to her petting and scratching her behind the ears. She lost a lot of weight...but finally, she is no longer doing that.

I think she's my kin..my husband say, she's a "familiar"

did he call me a witch?
  • ToshTosh Veteran

did he call me a witch?
    If the pointy hat fits...

;)
  • HAHAHAHA! good one!

@tosh... is your avatar a picture of your cat?

did he call me a witch?
    If the pointy hat fits...

;)
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    @Lady_Alison; no, I don't have a cat anymore. After our last was hit by a car, Mrs Tosh said 'dogs only' since you can keep them safer than cats. She's a worrier.

But I just like the worried expression on that cat's face in my avatar; it's so 'human'.
  • @Tosh; Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! I want to get a dog, but my husband thinks that my cat will kill it. She is quite spiteful! I like your avatar, though. I thought it was your cat. BTW, where is the new pic you were suppose to put up of you guys doing the marathon??? Hello, I have a photographic memory...hahaha!
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    the continuation of one of the cats gone nuts... ;)

• @zero... i don't think anyone adopted pinky! that looks like something my cat would do... sometimes i have to use the blanket and throw it over her when she gets this bad. LOL
  • leahncleahnc Explorer
    I just got a long haired tuxedo kitty a few weeks ago. He is a 9 weeks old. I love having a cat in the house. He is a snuggle bug and likes to be a part of the family. He joins us for family time. He rarely retreats to a quiet room - he is more like a dog - LOL. I love his personality..... I attached a photo of my kitty cat..... :)
  • lol. Good point and thread Alison, and yes it did make me laugh.
  • @Thailandtom...didn't you have a cat you were feeding?
  • Yes, Henry. He has stopped coming around now. One day I left out some chicken and I saw that there were red ants crawling all over it. Maybe he ate some and got bitten and has been scared off. I see him sometimes in the street, he is a very scared cat. the way he looks at you when you walk past is hard to explain, he looks scared but also kind of stupid lol.. I think he is a bit dopey to be honest.
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    I think my cat is very good at mindfulness. Everything she does is done with grace and concentration.
    Including using the litter tray? :D

• Yes! She is a master of burrying! Lol
    Including using the litter tray? :D
  • My cat sometimes sits on the couch cushion that I meditate on. He probably has a good shot at samadhi as me hehe!
  • @jeffrey I didn't know you had a cat! Do you have any pictures? :)