Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

In the beginning there was light - Trailer

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited April 2012 in General Banter
IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS LIGHT follows the phenomenon which only a few in our Western world are aware of, as it has been totally ignored by the media. The picture deals with human beings who can survive without food and fluid, over weeks, years and even decades.

Most people would spontaneously say that this just cannot be. It's impossible!
But based on certified reports of personal experiences, interviews and scientifically documented laboratory experiments the picture follows the phenomenon of "living on light" aka "breatharianism". As incredible as it may be, fact is that there are people today and some existing thousands of years back too, who do not need food either to live or to sustain their metabolism. They live on light alone. As modern people we experience this phenomenon as an incredible attack on our western, scientifically orientated concept of the world.

Comments

• Hmmm. Well, like the guy said, we run on energy and we get that from food, but if you listened in science class you will remember that everything in the food chain traces back to the sun.

Lets say that it is possible for a second, if it is, how healthy is it. I mean for your organs that are there for digesting food? Where do you get water from? We are mostly made up of water and it is crucial to us we have water, more important that food. Also there are minerals and vitamins we need to do a whole range of things such as fighting of disease and viruses. I don't know what to say to be honest until I have seen all of the video. Nice thread though, it is the first I have heard of this.
  • ArthurbodhiArthurbodhi Mars Veteran
    Look this, apparently they don't let other independent group make tests, and this is not the only case when people said similar miraculous claims and being debunked later.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1274779/The-man-says-eaten-drunk-70-years-Why-eminent-doctors-taking-seriously.html

Yeah, everything is possible and we need to be open minded, but we need to be cautious with this things.

Blessings
  • misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran
    edited April 2012
    @leonbasin: nice thread.

@thailandtom: the man which you can see with a ring in the nose is i think Prahlad Jani - a saint in India. the medical research team put him on observation for 15 days in a chamber without food and water, and after the end of 15 days he was examined and found physically fit.

so the question is not whether it is possible - as there is at least one example already of a person surviving for 15 days without food and water and found physically fit - so it is possible. But the question is how is this thing getting possible, is there something more to this body than we know of.

moreover, tantra(in Hinduism) suggests that our human body is a collection of energies which flows through our bodies through nadis (which are subtle nervous system) - which leads to the concept of kundalini awakening by flowing of prana through sushumna nadi through the crown chakra leading to wisdom. tantra says this energy is always there in our bodies, but we do not realize it as it is scattered throughout our bodies and our attention is scattered outside and not inside. But when we draw our attention from outwards to inwards as Yoga suggests, then this energy can be realized.
  • If these guys are lying, which it is quite possible they are, I fail to see their logic in doing so. It is like that twat Trevor Alex who gave that video I posted about the end of the world last year, he knew he was lying, so why do it knowing you are going to get found out and then your name tarnished? These people regarding the ability to not eat dealio, their words may encourage people to try it and then we may have more people dying because of that. Then the blood would be on their hands.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited April 2012
    Gopi Krishna had a Kundalini awakening that lasted his entire life. He had to radically change his diet, but he still had to eat. If eliminating the need to eat were as "simple" (very relative term, here) as raising the Kundalini, more people would be doing it. We'd see more cases in India and Nepal.

15 days is different from 1 several months or a year or more, as others have claimed. It's possible to fast for a week and still feel fine, I've done it.
  • Thanks for the post @misecmisc1 I am still on the fence though, I am not saying I think it is this or that. I do find it interesting and I do agree there is a lot we do not understand about the universe and the mind.
  • @Dakini fasting food is one thing, but water is another. Water is more important than food. I cannot remember the scientific estimation for how long one can go without water, but it is a matter of a few days if I am not wrong. Still as I said, I am on the fence on this one.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited April 2012
    Oh, I missed that--that the test case in India also went without water.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3236118.stm
  • ArthurbodhiArthurbodhi Mars Veteran
    @leonbasin: nice thread.

@thailandtom: the man which you can see with a ring in the nose is i think Prahlad Jani - a saint in India. the medical research team put him on observation for 15 days in a chamber without food and water, and after the end of 15 days he was examined and found physically fit.

so the question is not whether it is possible - as there is at least one example already of a person surviving for 15 days without food and water and found physically fit - so it is possible. But the question is how is this thing getting possible, is there something more to this body than we know of.

moreover, tantra(in Hinduism) suggests that our human body is a collection of energies which flows through our bodies through nadis (which are subtle nervous system) - which leads to the concept of kundalini awakening by flowing of prana through sushumna nadi through the crown chakra leading to wisdom. tantra says this energy is always there in our bodies, but we do not realize it as it is scattered throughout our bodies and our attention is scattered outside and not inside. But when we draw our attention from outwards to inwards as Yoga suggests, then this energy can be realized.
    But exist several weirdness in that study (for use a word).

The case has attracted criticism, both after 2003 tests and after the recent 2010 tests. Sanal Edamaruku, president of the Indian Rationalist Association, criticized the 2010 experiment for allowing Jani to move out of a certain CCTV camera's field of view, meet devotees and leave the sealed test room to sunbathe. Edamaruku stated that the regular gargling and bathing activities were not sufficiently monitored,[44] and accused Jani of having had some "influential protectors" who denied Edamaruku permission to inspect the project during its operation.

Look this:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2010/may/18/prahlad-jani-india-sunshine
  • lol, I guess it is a little late back there huh Dakini, tired eyes time for beddy-byes :lol: But yea, if all of that testing was legit, 15 days without water is quite something. The air is full of H20 though, obviously not enough. I am still skeptical of it all however.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    No, there are 2 threads on the same topic, so I got confused between the two, what got posted where.
  • lol yea this whole double thread thing is going to cause a few problems I think.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Yes.
    We are unable currently to combine threads, so please confine your comments to one single thread from now on.
    Many thanks.....

use this thread.
This discussion has been closed.