Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New community tools for NewBuddhist

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited August 2012 in NewBuddhist.com

Comments

• DaltheJigsawLeonBasin Mountain View Veteran
    Awesome! Thank you!!!!
  • This is what Lincoln's post looks like to me:

Just a heads up that a minor layout change is coming to the site today or perhaps in the weeks. The sidebar will be moving to the left side, and a few menus will change. I will be our forum software.
  • Loving the reaction buttons!
  • yildunyildun Explorer
    honour is epaulettes; honour is uniforms

no badges please

yildun
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    The badges are OK but can I exchange them for fish? :p
    lobster
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    I had a similar negative reaction to the badges when I first joined the site.... then I realized quickly after that the badges, like every thing else in this world, only has negative ot positive connotations based on the merit that each individual assigns to them. If you don't like the badge, don't pay attention to it. If you do like the badge.... do whatever you want with it.
    Brianlobster
    If you do like the badge.... do whatever you want with it.
    Like exchange it for fish? :p
    Beej
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    mackerel.... yum!!
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran

If you do like the badge.... do whatever you want with it.
    Like exchange it for fish? :p

I will trade you one salmon for one *lol*

• Not a fan of badges. Pride is every person's downfall. It is the fOol who fails to take the cotton from his ears and who fails to place the cotton in his mouth.
    federica
  • "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Not a fan of badges. Pride is every person's downfall. It is the fOol who fails to take the cotton from his ears and who fails to place the cotton in his mouth.

Are you being precious....?!

:rolleyes:

We need a 'lighten up' emoticon.... as opposed to an 'ENlighten up' one..... ;)
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Personally, I think the badges are dumb...so I don't look at them. Problem solved.
    federica
  • Hi I'm new to the site and would love any advice and help to get me started
    Thanks to u all
    Granny
    Can we use them at other forums? Maybe to exchange for fish? :p
    WonderingSeeker
    @Granny, "Started" with what, exactly?
    can you give us some of your background? Feel free to start a new thread.... :)

I also think if you just read for a while and join some discussions that will help.
  • I would like to know if you accept guest posts. I have written many articles and would be happy to write on for you ... Maybe on the many aspects of Tibetan Incense.

Thank you
    Please feel free to submit a registration to become a full member.
    And no, we don't accept any form of posts which advertise, publicise or promote a personal business concern.
    Thanks for asking though. ;)
  • I think it a noble and great initative taken up by "newbuddhist.com"... the badges will help encourage quality opinions and filter out the nonsense. Thank you!
  • I still think the 'awesome' button should remain but it to be replaced with the word 'like'. And maybe a button with the heart logo added with some word such as 'compassionate'. Just saying :rolleyes:
  • A fish with a badge is still food
    Lobsterian saying :crazy:
  • Could it be fan mail from some flounder? :coffee:
    lobsterVastmind
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Why does it say that nobody is ever on line?

Total online=0 for the last few weeks.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    First, what does that have to do with the subject of this discussion?

Second, there's been a bug causing it to *over* report Who's Online so I have no idea what you're talking about. It says there's 43 people online right now.
  • On my screen it says 0 too, like always.
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    Since the last change...my online list of people has also always said 0....
    unless I'm signed in...then it says 1.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited November 2012
    JFYI, mine always says 0 on the main page, and only me on individual threads.
    It appears it's saying everyone is invisible. Sigh.
  • For my part, it's not important. The site is working well. I hope you don't feel that you have to spend your weekend fixing it, @Lincoln.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Actually, it's kind of important for him to know about these bugs in order to fix them since he's helping code this forum software. These things can affect other forums that utilize the same software and plugins; so while it can be a pain to try and fix, it's part of his job and it'll help a lot of other forums in the long run. Of course, most of the people here are patient and understanding enough that he can take his time going through and fixing all the bugs, which I'm sure is helpful and appreciated on his part.
    Linc
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Lincoln said:

First, what does that have to do with the subject of this discussion?

Second, there's been a bug causing it to *over* report Who's Online so I have no idea what you're talking about. It says there's 43 people online right now.

It was just a comment that I didn't think warranted its' own thread.

Geez, who crapped in your cornflakes?

Next time I won't bother saying anything.

edited November 2012
    @ourself It's been a rough few days with regard to software bugs, I apologize. I seem to be getting bug reports from every corner and everywhere I turn this past week. I was frustrated and managed to sound twice as frustrated as I already was.
    Not at all... You've a lot on your plate with the site and I likely should have gone through the proper channels
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    Excuse me kind Sir, :vimp:

My online peep list appears to working
    now.....along with the number and list of names.
    Yeah, I swapped out the code for the older version. The "upgrade" had more bugs than I had time to deal with currently. :)
  • havent received any confirmation in my email if im already a member. i cant also log in may because im not yet a member. please help