Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Why are you against Christianity?

2»

Comments

• Interestin discussion!

If you wanna different perspective on Christianity & the Bible & Jesus, you could do worse than check out "Conversations with God" -

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/9374.Neale_Donald_Walsch

http://laptopmillionaire.tv/blog/my-favourite-quotes-from-conversations-with-god-by-neale-donald-walsch/

http://www.amazon.com/Conversations-With-God-Uncommon-Dialogue/dp/0399142789

Personally, I find reality 2 be FAR 2 mysterious & complex 2 cling 2 any belief system at all ...

Cheers
  • hermitwin said:

I was a christian once.
    I am against christianity bcos it is too easy.
    just accept jesus n you will got to heaven.

Too easy? Hmmm, not Christianity as I understand it. "Be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect." "Deny yourself." "Carry your cross." "Take the lowest seat." "Judge not lest you be judged." "Love your neighbor as yourself." "Worry not about tomorrow." "Pray for your enemies." Clothe the naked, feed the hungry, serve the poor, visit widows and orphans, etc, etc. Not easy!

SileSilouan
  • All of it's revelations are nonsense.
    lobster
  • All of it's revelations are nonsense.
    That's completely understandable for God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
    lobster
  • cozcoz Explorer
    well good question,, i was born into christianity and the one thing that botherd me was
    the idea that i is the only way to heavin so acording to the bible we are victoms of the
    geography of ware we were born a prdominately christian part of the world goes to heavin and if i was born in a jungle someware and never herd of the bible and its teachings that means im out of the paradice club well that makes no sence
    to me at all :cool:
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    vlrox said:

Just really curious, I have many reasons. 1.) WHy if there was all powerful God would there be such chaos? 2.) Why are we born with defects? 3.) How does one man create a whole universe? 4.) How does this one man know what everyone is thinking all the time? 5.) Why are they not tolerant of freedom of choice/religion for others? And so many more reasons i just cant think right now lol. Why dont you believe in God? Worship God etc. What led you to Buddhism?

Namaste,

I have to ask, why are you against Christians? It appears your real beef in other posts is with the people who BELIEVE in Christianity, moreso than the religion itself. It appears you take it as a personal affront.

Actually I'm curious and open this to all resident atheists and agnostics - why do you care so much? I mean, if people aren't shoving it down your throat, does it matter? (I understand how doorknockers would grate on your nerves).

In metta,
    Raven

• I am not against Christians. They make excellent lion food.
    I am against Christianists, Islamists and toothless Lion Buddhists.
    If you can not chew, do not eat the fare of Lions.
    Kotishka