Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Where We're Heading?

This is in my opinion a very well made and plausible future. I am more interested in the revolution aspect of the video over the idea of a possible WWIII. It is 13 minutes and see what you make of it, do you think he makes a good point and does he back it up well?

Comments

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    Far too paranoid for me.
  • SabbySabby Explorer
    tbh, this kind of information was a major contributor to the depression i previously had. For me, at least, there was a cry of desperation inside me.. I wanted to scream and cry because of what is going on in the world... and what made it worse is that sometimes when i tried to discuss some of these things with other people i would be criticized (especially my family which i think is the worst part). Over much inner turmoil and even contemplating suicide because of the fact i had such a disgust for the the way the world is I realized over much contemplation that it is good to know about this topic and what is going on, but most importantly not to get obsessed over it, get scared over it, get attached to it and realize it is another stepping stone in what we call this illusion. i occupied more of my mind with the positive nature of people and that what is going on does not reflect the true nature of humanity.
    Invincible_summerDaltheJigsaw
  • I can relate, Sabby.
  • blu3reeblu3ree Veteran
    edited February 2013
    I can also relate I only have a few buddies I talk to since high school and one of them when I bring topics like this up he just says man that's the govs job I don't care about that. Then I try to discuss this with my parents and for the most part they claim I'm just paranoid and just continue to feed On what the corrupted media spits out. this inferiorates me because people I know are utterly blind to what is going on. Wish I could muster up the courage to travel about as a rhinoceros does and teach people some dhamma. Wish their was some kind of meeting in regards as to a revolution of course preferably a peaceful.

Seen groups like anonymous and they seem like their fueled by anger and hatred this only adds to confusion no lasting changes would be made by merely killing off soldiers whom the banks and corrupt egotistical people pulling the strings control. They are trying to keep this corrupt economy going and the only way to end it would be to become self sufficient greatly reducing their influences.
  • When it comes to political issues, I tend to lean quite far on the left end of the spectrum--I think Obama and the majority of the Democratic party far too conservative.

However, with that said, I have recently been trying to see the myriad injustices that the U.S.--and other countries--as principles that are naturally being acted out. Getting bogged down in the particular details (which may or may not be accurate in all cases) only to despair of the situation is not beneficial for anyone. Rather, see it as nothing but the nature of the beast. In other words, ANY country that would arise out of this or similar historical and cultural conditions would behave in the same way.

And, if you read history, you'll find just that. The general principle of hubris is the natural consequence of power and greed--it could not be otherwise: All countries come to power, let it get to their collective heads, overreach, and consequently lose much of their power--and not without suffering. The U.S. is no different--and the U.S. is a young country in comparison to many others. This cycle has been going on since ancient Sumeria and will likely continue as long as there are the three poisons. This is just a manifestation of that on a larger, collective scale. And it is not unusual for victors in a revolution end up repeating the exact same mistakes as their original oppressors.

This doesn't mean that one should therefore not care what injustices are being committed by different countries--but it does give a healthier perspective on such matters. This then calls not for despair or anger but compassion--not only for the powerless victims, but for those wielding that power against them.

That doesn't mean I always succeed in seeing it this way! --but it is something I do try to bear in mind.
    SabbyInvincible_summer
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    blu3ree said:

I can also relate I only have a few buddies I talk to since high school and one of them when I bring topics like this up he just says man that's the govs job I don't care about that. Then I try to discuss this with my parents and for the most part they claim I'm just paranoid and just continue to feed On what the corrupted media spits out. this inferiorates me because people I know are utterly blind to what is going on. Wish I could muster up the courage to travel about as a rhinoceros does and teach people some dhamma. Wish their was some kind of meeting in regards as to a revolution of course preferably a peaceful.

Seen groups like anonymous and they seem like their fueled by anger and hatred this only adds to confusion no lasting changes would be made by merely killing off soldiers whom the banks and corrupt egotistical people pulling the strings control. They are trying to keep this corrupt economy going and the only way to end it would be to become self sufficient greatly reducing their influences.

It is difficult when people don't respond to things you say the way you want them to or act in the way you want them to.

As a reformed (or semi reformed) perfectionist, I can tell you that life becomes easier when you let go of trying to control these things...
  • SabbySabby Explorer
    riverflow said:

And, if you read history, you'll find just that. The general principle of hubris is the natural consequence of power and greed--it could not be otherwise: All countries come to power, let it get to their collective heads, overreach, and consequently lose much of their power--and not without suffering. The U.S. is no different--and the U.S. is a young country in comparison to many others. This cycle has been going on since ancient Sumeria and will likely continue as long as there are the three poisons. This is just a manifestation of that on a larger, collective scale. And it is not unusual for victors in a revolution end up repeating the exact same mistakes as their original oppressors.

This doesn't mean that one should therefore not care what injustices are being committed by different countries--but it does give a healthier perspective on such matters. This then calls not for despair or anger but compassion--not only for the powerless victims, but for those wielding that power against them.

Well said and good point <3

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.”
    Bunks
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Sabby said:

tbh, this kind of information was a major contributor to the depression i previously had. For me, at least, there was a cry of desperation inside me.. I wanted to scream and cry because of what is going on in the world... and what made it worse is that sometimes when i tried to discuss some of these things with other people i would be criticized (especially my family which i think is the worst part). Over much inner turmoil and even contemplating suicide because of the fact i had such a disgust for the the way the world is I realized over much contemplation that it is good to know about this topic and what is going on, but most importantly not to get obsessed over it, get scared over it, get attached to it and realize it is another stepping stone in what we call this illusion. i occupied more of my mind with the positive nature of people and that what is going on does not reflect the true nature of humanity.

I'm with you %100 percent!!
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    There may be some very good points there. The bubble that is our currency and debt and maybe highlighting reasons for our foreign policy. The US and the world I believe face some very large issues. The problem is, what can be done? Something others have eluded too, it seems to be a source of stress and anxiety-because quite frankly there is almost nothing that can be done. It's a juggenaught shaped by greed anger and delusion. It's something we as humanity, and the rest of life on this planet, will just have to ride out. I have seen similar posts from this person (the maker of the video). One of my biggest concern has been our militarism-I have sons ages 9 and 7 I don't want to see them getting hurt or killed in a senseless future war. I just keep abreast of issues but I don't immerse myself in these issues. I personally have no faith in government or our two party system-way too machiavellian for me.
    ThailandTom
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    edited February 2013

This is in my opinion a very well made and plausible future. I am more interested in the revolution aspect of the video over the idea of a possible WWIII. It is 13 minutes and see what you make of it, do you think he makes a good point and does he back it up well?

Just like what he said, "Propaganda." Who knows the real truth. It is locked away, and not for us to really know, but we can question, why not??
  • There may be some very good points there. The bubble that is our currency and debt and maybe highlighting reasons for our foreign policy. The US and the world I believe face some very large issues. The problem is, what can be done? Something others have eluded too, it seems to be a source of stress and anxiety-because quite frankly there is almost nothing that can be done. It's a juggenaught shaped by greed anger and delusion. It's something we as humanity, and the rest of life on this planet, will just have to ride out. I have seen similar posts from this person (the maker of the video). One of my biggest concern has been our militarism-I have sons ages 9 and 7 I don't want to see them getting hurt or killed in a senseless future war. I just keep abreast of issues but I don't immerse myself in these issues. I personally have no faith in government or our two party system-way too machiavellian for me.

I feel pretty much the same as you, apart from the kids thing as I have none, but I wouldn't want to see yours or anybodies grow up into a world of war of course.
    Greed, ego and delusion is the name of the game and IMO it has gone too far at the top levels of governments. The US government is too strong and too big to be stopped, a revolution wouldn't happen IMO as if the worst came to the worst I think they may even start killing off it's own people, maybe biological weapons who knows.

The fact remains that many of the points made in the video are happening and have happened, the petrol dollar, reasons for doing what America has done and maybe where we are headed. What can we do about it, I really do not know.
  • There may be some very good points there. The bubble that is our currency and debt and maybe highlighting reasons for our foreign policy. The US and the world I believe face some very large issues. The problem is, what can be done? Something others have eluded too, it seems to be a source of stress and anxiety-because quite frankly there is almost nothing that can be done. It's a juggenaught shaped by greed anger and delusion. It's something we as humanity, and the rest of life on this planet, will just have to ride out. I have seen similar posts from this person (the maker of the video). One of my biggest concern has been our militarism-I have sons ages 9 and 7 I don't want to see them getting hurt or killed in a senseless future war. I just keep abreast of issues but I don't immerse myself in these issues. I personally have no faith in government or our two party system-way too machiavellian for me.

I feel pretty much the same as you, apart from the kids thing as I have none, but I wouldn't want to see yours or anybodies grow up into a world of war of course.
    Greed, ego and delusion is the name of the game and IMO it has gone too far at the top levels of governments. The US government is too strong and too big to be stopped, a revolution wouldn't happen IMO as if the worst came to the worst I think they may even start killing off it's own people, maybe biological weapons who knows.

The fact remains that many of the points made in the video are happening and have happened, the petrol dollar, reasons for doing what America has done and maybe where we are headed. What can we do about it, I really do not know.
    Isn't that why mcdonalds was created?
    ThailandTom