Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hello I'm new here.

Hello everybody, as you guessed I am some what new to buddhism. but the only difference is that I have read some dharma books. I know a little about buddhism. I have been a new buddhist before. but I gave it up because frankly I thought it was crap. I later realized that buddhism is not just for people to be blissed out and high on happiness all the time. There is a lot of hard work involved, but it is worth it. I am struggling on trying to have compassion for the most evil of beings, realizing that there suffering is coming slowly like poisioned water. It sounds good in the temple during sunday meditation service, but in real life, it is a great challenge. and that is me right now. Back to you Ken!
SilouanStraight_ManchelariverflowTosh

Comments

• :wave:
    ordinarybeing
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    @ordinarybeing -- Welcome and I hope you find something useful here.

The preciousness of Buddhism does not lie in its preciousness. As my mother used to say, "Don't get too holy by next Thursday." Take patience, courage and doubt as your companions and join the rest of us in the trenches. :)

Best wishes.
    ordinarybeing
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    Welcome aboard.
  • CoryCory Tennessee Veteran
    Herzlich Willkommen!
    ordinarybeing
  • misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran
    swagat.
  • chelachela Veteran
    Welcome. Every day I find out what hard, difficult work it is! It's a bit like parenting!
  • /\ welcome, @ordinarybeing /\
  • There is a lot of hard work involved
    There is? Nobody tells me Nothing . . . I only focus on the easy bits. Try that for a while, don't want you blissing out on us again . . . :wave:

I believe it was Lama Lemon (who has accompanied many Lobsters to their death) who said:
    First the blessing of bliss, then bringing it to all the Buddhist realms . . .
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    Hello :)