Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What are you Listening to right now!!!

Comments

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    Jeffrey said:

In the 90s it was 'kill mf depeche mode' ha. Even though there was cross listenership.

Eh KMFDM sucks.
    Jason
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    Good thing I got the day off of work. My arm matches my shirt.
    Invincible_summer
  • Yes, I am actually a big fan of depeche mode. I just remember what people said KMFDM stood for. I've never heard KMFDM I don't think ha!
  • Ellen Fullman's Body Music for the 'Long String Instrument.' No electronics, purely acoustic:

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    Jeffrey said:

Yes, I am actually a big fan of depeche mode. I just remember what people said KMFDM stood for. I've never heard KMFDM I don't think ha!

Ah, perhaps you didn't get the reference. It's okay. ;)

KMFDM stands for "Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid" - "No pity for the majority."

I'm a fan of DM too. But KMFDM is more fun! :rockon:

Just found out about a band called CHVRCHES... this song makes me smile in and out.

Dandelion
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    Jeffreyjae
  • Last music I was listening to was Mary J. Blige. One of my favorite female vocalist. Huge fan of Nickel back and Maroon 5. No stomach for lil Wayne. I like one song with Birdman. "Stunna' like Daddy" because it reminds me of my father.
  • riverflowriverflow Veteran
    edited March 2013
    Another late work of Morton Feldman, For Bunita Marcus -- performed by Sabine Liebner (the YouTube video here is a performance by Stephane Ginsburgh; Ms. Liebner takes things at a slower pace). Dissonance has never been more exquisite, even sensual.

• edited March 2013
    For some reason I find myself listening to the medicine buddha mantra. I have been finding it very peaceful recently.

riverflowSilouanLee82
  • Nobukazu Takemura: "Conical Flask" from Assembler

Glittering minimalist glitch...

Invincible_summer
  • SilouanSilouan Veteran
    edited March 2013
    The Shins - "Sea Legs" from the album "Wincing the Night Away"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vI8nLLDEc68
    riverflowJeffreyjae
  • I just discovered this haunting rendition of Kyorei:

• Lee82Lee82 Veteran
    zombiegirl
    Right now, this.
  • DandelionDandelion London Veteran
    My cat, Dandelion snoring his little fluffy head off. The other night my husband had to put him out of the bedroom because the cat was snoring so loudly he couldn't sleep! But this thread has just reminded me to put on the radio.. absolute 80's it is! I am getting into Blues at the moment, and recently discovered this wonderful little song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yGWSwpJCLb4
  • DandelionDandelion London Veteran
    @invincible_summer I LIKE I LIKE I LIKE!!! I love electronica and synth :thumbsup:
    Invincible_summer
    Things have taken a turn for the worst.
    DandelionriverflowInvincible_summer
  • Maybe in part from @shanyin 's video of Andy McKee above, I've been listening to a mix of old Windham Hill guitarists, Michael Hedges, Alex de Grassi and William Ackerman. Puts me in a sentimental mood--I used to listen to this stuff on Sunday nights on a local college station when I was a teenager in the 80s...

@riverflow loved it
    @Jason - I don't even...
    @Dandelion - I'm glad! I have a very strong attachment to lush synths + female vocals. :cool:

Really looking forward to new How to Destroy Angels album and new NIN material!!

Lee82
  • Christina Perri's A Thousand Years...
  • riverflowriverflow Veteran
    edited March 2013
    Listening to some modern koto music I downloaded performed by Reiko Kimura. 'Ame No Uta' composed by Sato Yoko is an especially lovely piece, but I can't seem to find it on YouTube-- one of the most beautiful koto compositions I've ever heard.

Also listening to some other modern koto pieces performed by Nanae Yoshimura.

Invincible_summer
    Invincible_summer
  • robotrobot Veteran
    edited March 2013
    (Edit)Failed attempt
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    I am finding a great deal of joy in this guy:

On the one hand, we have a proud self-proclaimed drug dealer who has probably done some bad things and who maybe lives a life that is harmful to others...

But at the same time, I cannot look away; I keep seeing through all that to the raw emotion and talent this man has. It's a study in contrasts for me and I'm fascinated. I absolutely love the beat and his immense skill at word-weaving.
    Jeffrey
  • Nothing but 864 tracks set on random by Guided by Voices for tonight.

Silouan
  • @riverflow

No way, GBV? Well, that explains many things.

My band covered some of their tracks, and I caught them on their "Isolation Drills" tour.
    riverflowInvincible_summer
  • GBV is one of the few rock bands I still listen to with enthusiasm. Isolation Drills is a good album - I can't drive while listening to 'The Enemy' for fear of speeding! ha!
  • My ex-drummer stole my cd. I think that was their peak, and then I kinda of dropped out after that album. I really like their LoFi stuff. That was part of their charm.
    I usually abhor country music, but these fellow Canucks have such a down-to-earth sound that I can't get enough of.

• Lee82Lee82 Veteran
    Love this at the moment

• Lee82Lee82 Veteran
  • Right now: Ani DiFranco - Fire Door
    riverflow
  • Mogwai's new album/soundtrack, Les Revenants:

Invincible_summer
  • John Cage: Litany for the Whale. This video here is beautiful visual accompaniment as well:

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    My work colleague typing on her keyboard...
    Invincible_summer
  • Beautiful nonsense from Cocteau Twins:

Invincible_summer
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    Sade....Soldier of Love

Invincible_summer
    Re-discovering the awesomeness of Mariachi El Bronx:

Anyone know of other good mariachi bands/groups, perhaps more authentic ones?
  • @Silouan - your namesake:

Arvo Part: Silouan's Song

• Pauline Oliveros and Stuart Dempster in a big cistern: 'Ione'

• Mantra music...?

Low: Nothing But Heart... LOUD, VERY VERY LOUD.

• DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    edited March 2013
    I'm listening to a mantra by Krishna Das. :om:

And my roommates outside my window smoking and talking somewhat obnoxiously...

• This is not the original, a short mix but it is so chilling :p
    Really diggin this Kate Boy

• BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran
    It's Equinox here... well, everywhere actually, so the people outside are drumming around a fire. That's what I'm listening to.
  • MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
    edited March 2013
    Right NOW?? 3/21/13 -- 3:17 PM....

the soundtrack from the movie
    "Across The Universe"

It is outstanding! (The movie was cool, too).

I'm cleaning a lot today- so I'm all hooked up with earbuds & MP3 player.
    Next; Bob Marley. :D