Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Yellowstone

blu3reeblu3ree Veteran
edited March 2013 in General Banter
Applied and got a job at yellowstone for 5/4/13!! Excited to see and climb my first mountain this year.

Anyone know people who are going to work for xanterra?
Invincible_summerriverflowBrianchelaTheEccentricZero

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Awesome!! How exciting for you! I know people who have worked at various locations on the Rockies and had amazing experiences. Love Yellowstone. Carry bear spray, lol. Do you know yet what you will be doing?
  • blu3reeblu3ree Veteran
    edited March 2013
    Well as of now I'm on kitchen crew :(. I know a couple of my hometown buddies will be working with me and my buddy since 5th grade most likely is rooming with me.

Yeah my buddy was talking about how bear spray is like pepper spray on roids.

Personally I wouldn't mind having an intimate encounter with a bear so long as I wasn't carrying food.

All my buddies say the yellowstoners are very friendly so no matter what people that go there enjoy themselves. People from all around the world go there too so I'm excited to see a mix of culture.
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    My favorite place in North America!
    Congrats, I'm sure you'll have a great time! I have encounters with bears sometimes, but we only have black bears here and they are pretty docile. Grizzlies are another story, but easy enough to view from a distance as long as you use common sense. I'm pretty sure Yellowstone has a bear class that they give on a regular basis to know how to travel without aggravating them and what to do if you run into them. Still very rare to run into problems. Most of the time, they just run. It'll be a great experience, no doubt. Is it a long trip for you to get there?
  • blu3reeblu3ree Veteran
    edited March 2013
    @karasti yea I'm coming from Michigan but my buddy is gunna be taking his car so it's not as bad as taking the greyhound!

If I do have a close encounter with a grissly and their aggressive at least they will tear me to shreds fairly quick! As long as bear spray is carried around it doesn't seem like they will continue to attack though. So as long as the government doesn't buy grizzly bears that are created by DARPA and plan to attack us with them no worries here.

They say because of yellowstones elevation when you leave and go to a place that's lower you will feel like superman!
  • chelachela Veteran
    So happy for you, @blu3ree! I went to YS when I was very small, but I don't remember it. The pictures look like I was having a good time, though. I had a personal encounter with a prairie dog out west (maybe on the way there)-- it tried to take my teddy bear away and apparently I yelled "no, dog, no!" at it. My great-grandmother was actually raised out there until she was 13. I think her father was an engineer, and this was before it was a national park. Hopefully I can make it out there again before I am dust.
    @Brian, my apologies, but is the cloud in the background the result of you opening the tent door? ;) Referring of course to your comment in the camping thread, lol.

That aside, what a wonderful place to propose :D
    Brian