Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

FYI: Thich Nhat Hanh in Mississippi in Sep 2013

riverflowriverflow Veteran
edited March 2013 in Sanghas
!!!! FYI:

We are happy to let you know that there will be a Day of Mindfulness at Magnolia Grove Monastery on Sunday, September 29th, 2013. Our teacher Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh and about 80 monks and nuns from Plum Village, Deer Park & Blue Cliff Monasteries will be present. It will also be the last day of our 5-day retreat “Healing Yourself is Healing the World” (from September 24th to September 9th), so about 900 retreatants will also already be at the monastery. It will be a great opportunity for us to practice Mindfulness together. The powerful collective energy of the community will be healing and transformative for every one of us. Please do your best to attend this special day. Please bring your family and friends with you, too.

In order for the monastery to better welcome our friends coming for the day, we kindly ask you to make make a small donation of $50.00 or more (per adult), $30 or more (per child 6-18 year old), to help us with these preparations. There will be a special program for children over 6 year old. Dormitory and camping spaces are only available to friends who participate the whole retreat; therefore, we cannot accommodate friends who wish to spend Saturday night at the monastery.

There's no way I can do the whole retreat (Sep 24-29), but THIS (just the 29th) is very do-able for me. @Vastminds , you may be very interested -- and others perhaps...?

More info and registration HERE: http://pvretreats.org/magnolia/index.php/en/
MaryAnneInvincible_summerrivercanekarmablues

Comments

• chelachela Veteran
    I certainly am interested- thanks for posting! This would have to be a part of a planned vacation, since we are exactly 8 hours away. Maybe I could coax my husband into going if we spend one night in Memphis where he can take care of his sensual pleasure needs (ie: food, music, and alcohol) for a Night of Mindlessness. LOL. But he might have to sleep in the car while I'm at the Day of Mindfulness. :-/
    riverflowrivercane
  • chela said:

Maybe I could coax my husband into going if we spend one night in Memphis where he can take care of his sensual pleasure needs (ie: food, music, and alcohol) for a Night of Mindlessness.

There's always Beale Street!

I don't (usually) work on weekends anymore, but I put in a request at work today just in case to have that day off, though I won't be registering until Monday.

I imagine there will be a good deal of people there, but it might be possible for any NB folks here to briefly meet face-to-face as well...
  • riverflowriverflow Veteran
    edited March 2013
    ~
  • riverflowriverflow Veteran
    edited March 2013
    ~
  • I've registered. I suppose that now makes me an official Dharma Groupie!
    Jason_PDKVastmind
  • Just a wee reminder for folks:

More info here: http://pvretreats.org/magnolia/index.php/en/

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited August 2013
    Just bumpin' this! Our Sangha group here is finishing up plans
    to go! I admit...I'm getting a little more excited as the time nears.
    ....I'm spent enough time there, that now it's going to feel
    more of a whole thing...Some of us will be there the whole retreat...
    but some of us...me.....I can only attend the last day.
    Retreat in the South if anyone is
    looking for one....???? :p
    riverflowkarmablues
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    an update from fb...registration is extended....

English retreat "Healing Yourself is Healing the World" - Registration for English retreat is extended until September 17, 2013. All registration form must received by September 17. Please overnight your registration form if you would like to reserve a space for the retreat. HUT and DORM accommodations are no longer available for the retreat "HEALING YOURSELF IS HEALING THE WORLD". However, camping spaces and hotel are still available.
    riverflow
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    It would be nice to see him up here but he doesn't seem to come to Canada.