Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

You, Yes You There

So what have you been doing for the past hour or so? What are you doing now and what will you be doing in the next hour or so?
riverflow

Comments

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited March 2013
    Sunday is my day to stop the planet and get off. I go out and buy two newspapers, and curl up with them, and a pot of tea, for a couple of hours. After posting on NewBuddhist, of course! And after listening to the radio program: "Beatle Brunch". :thumbsup:
    ThailandTomDaltheJigsawriverflow
  • Dakini said:

Sunday is my day to stop the planet and get off. I go out and buy two newspapers, and curl up with them, and a pot of tea, for a couple of hours. After posting on NewBuddhist, of course! And after listening to the radio program: "Beatle Brunch". :thumbsup:

Well do enjoy Dakini :)
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    I just woke up. I am currently checking my e-mail, Facebook, and forums I'm a part of. In the next hour, I will be eating breakfast and then beginning meditation. The order in which i do these things may be quite telling... :p
    ThailandTomDaltheJigsaw
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    Watching the annual Oxford/Cambridge Boat Race.
  • Citta said:

That's now? Man I miss everything going on back home, I didn't even know it was Easter if it were not for facebook
  • Lee82Lee82 Veteran
    I cooked Sunday Dinner for me and my boy, washed up and sorted some clothes out. Now I sit down, catch up on the forums, send a couple of emails while my son watches Peter Pan in the background, think a little more about my MSc dissertation and think about what I might do with my week off ahead. Later on my son is being picked up by his mother, leaving me a free evening which I may spend having a drink or two whilst catching up with my brother.

@Citta I watched the boat race live earlier. It's not generally something I would have interest in but it's a part of British culture and so I watch it anyway. I tend to watch most things like that and there have been plenty of 'British' events in the past 12 months or so with the olympics and jubilee etc.
    DaltheJigsaw
  • drinking coffee...watching tv, wasting my time of this forum :)
    DaltheJigsawThailandTom
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    edited March 2013

Citta said:

That's now? Man I miss everything going on back home, I didn't even know it was Easter if it were not for facebook
    Yup..Oxford won..but it was a good contest. I felt sorry for the winning cox..despite the freezing temperatures the crew kept to tradition and threw him in. :eek: He is about four foot ten and five stone ringing wet...And he WAS ringing wet, poor little chap.
    ThailandTom
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    Lee82 said:

I cooked Sunday Dinner for me and my boy, washed up and sorted some clothes out. Now I sit down, catch up on the forums, send a couple of emails while my son watches Peter Pan in the background, think a little more about my MSc dissertation and think about what I might do with my week off ahead. Later on my son is being picked up by his mother, leaving me a free evening which I may spend having a drink or two whilst catching up with my brother.

@Citta I watched the boat race live earlier. It's not generally something I would have interest in but it's a part of British culture and so I watch it anyway. I tend to watch most things like that and there have been plenty of 'British' events in the past 12 months or so with the olympics and jubilee etc.

Mrs Citta is an Oxford graduate and we lived in the city for a while.. so its a kind of duty.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    At work..then visit parents house. Then meditate and read.
    riverflow
  • Me, well an hour ago srollin the net on various forums and such, talking to my girlfriend and cleaning my place up a bit. Now scrolling the net. In an hour I guess scrolling the net, I got no work on at the moment and it is 2am now so..
  • I have just woken from a nap. i am not sure what i am doing next, although my dog is stairing at me with that certain look that says " walkies?"
    ThailandTomriverflow
  • As much as that can be true, it can also be wasted. Like me now, blablablaba, it's 3am and I am not asleep! However you could argue that I am learning from this stupidity do it is not a waste of time. federica, we have a pretty extensive past and you have squirreled me again!
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    I went to church, had a nice lunch and now I'm here.

Not a very busy day.
  • MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
    edited March 2013
    Easter Brunch at my daughter and son-in-laws house.... just got home at 3:45. Next the (entire) family is gathering at my mother and father's house for coffee and desserts in about an hour or so. Home by 8 - 8:30 PM.
    Then it will be snuggling in for some TV; Game of Thrones (season 3) begins tonight- can't wait!
  • I'm drinking a non-alcoholic beer and playing video games. I will make a taco dinner when I am hungry.
    TheEccentricHotei
  • TheEccentricTheEccentric Hampshire, UK Veteran
    edited March 2013
    In the last few hours I have ate enough to feed napoleon's starving army during the siege of Moscow. The diet starts (and knowing me ends) tomorrow.
  • RodrigoRodrigo São Paulo, Brazil Veteran
    I just made a cake. It's baking right now.
    riverflowDaltheJigsaw
  • I thought the title of this thread had something to do with Pink Floyd... STAND STILL LADDIE!! --never mind!

Just got back from the monastery in Batesville and wrote my girlfriend about it. I'll probably spend the rest of the day drinking tra (that's Vietnamese for tea--pronounced like 'chah') and reading. I'll be going to bed early tonight.
    MaryAnne
  • RodrigoRodrigo São Paulo, Brazil Veteran
    Update: Cake's burnt. There is a cloud of smoke in the kitchen.
    ToshnenkohaiMaryAnne
  • Oops. Condolences...
    Rodrigonenkohai
  • carolanncarolann Explorer
    Well today mum joined us for a roast lamb dinner I cooked marmalade bread and butter pudding for dessert , put children to bed , ate yet more easter egg with a glass of red and now in bed ......x
    Jeffrey
  • riverflow said:

I thought the title of this thread had something to do with Pink Floyd... STAND STILL LADDIE!! --never mind!

Just got back from the monastery in Batesville and wrote my girlfriend about it. I'll probably spend the rest of the day drinking tra (that's Vietnamese for tea--pronounced like 'chah') and reading. I'll be going to bed early tonight.

'Chah' is also Thai for tea, but it also means 'slow' depending on the tone. Make you think, Ajahn Chah.....
    riverflow
  • Lurking several forums maybe more video games.
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Well when this was posted around 1pm my time, I was sitting down to dinner with the family. Right NOW, 6pm my time, I'm in my comfortable clothes checking out this page. I hate dressing up, and all I wore was a pair of khaki dress pants and a sweater (despite being a lovely 52F here yesterday, today it was 28F and snowing). So I was glad to trade the uncomfortable clothes for my hoodie and fleece pants, lol. I had a deviled egg and now I'm having some flowering tea trying to have a discussion with my 16 year old on why cloning human beings might or might not be a good thing.
    ThailandTom
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    edited March 2013
    Since we both worked late last night*, my girlfriend and I played hookie this morning and skipped church with her family. Whoops. It wouldn't have been a big deal if she had actually texted them to tell them this (she says she thought she did, but maybe dreamed it? lol).
    So, once we finally did wake up, my cell phone had a bunch of texts from her mother: "Are you guys okay?" "Seriously, give me a call. We are on our way." To which I responded, "OMG CALL YOUR MOTHER."

As it turned out, we were too late anyways and they were practically to our apartment. So, her mom and step dad stopped by and were relieved to find that we weren't "being held hostage by some redneck who we met at the bar who decided to show us what a 'real man' was" (These were seriously her mother's words). Everything was fine and I apologized profusely for sleeping through the texts... but anyways... Now I'm just chillin' thinking about how badly I need to clean my apartment.

Happy Easter...

*Also, we may or may not have attended an impromptu dance party at one of her coworker's houses until 5am (shh, don't tell.)
    ThailandTom
  • JimyoJimyo Explorer
    I've started a pencil drawing of Iggy Pop and now I plan to have a long bath so I can return to it with a fresh set of eyes later on. I hope everyone's had a good weekend!
    ThailandTom
  • yes
  • Been bopping around on the internet, because I am alone at work and there is nothing to do. Both presses are down (again) and the techs can't get here till tomorrow. Right at this moment I am thinking of the yummy leftovers in the fridge. In an hour from now I will be arriving home.