Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

coolest song

sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
you may post one song. please post the title, artist, and a youtube link

Bibio - À tout à l'heure
(French for "song of the hour" methinks)

it's not a competition, but take some time, really pick one you enjoy that you think others will enjoy as well. :) music is a lovely gift.

spontaneous enlightenment
riverflowzombiegirl

Comments

• @sova - cool tune!

@lamaramadingdong - a great Mingus track! I especially love his recording of "Haitian Fight Song" on The Clown.
  • A golden oldie from the 16th century:

[LINK]

Josquin Desprez (1450-1521): Ave Maria, for four voices, performed by Weser-Renaissance Bremen, directed by Manfred Cordes.

My dad is not a big fan of this sort of music (though true Renaissance singing is not the same as in classical music). I showed this to him last year and he was in tears!

So don't shy away from this just because its 500 year old church music. This is sublime.
    Invincible_summerzombiegirlgenkaku
  • Ok hope I posted the link right. I hope this song is ok. Its a very important song to me because not only have I been in the same abusive situation as the girl in the song but I also lived in Oklahoma for a while as well. Every time I listen to this song I get emotional. It's as if the song was about me. Anyways, I've been drawn to it since I first heard it.

Carrie Underwood
    Blown Away
    riverflow
  • edited May 2013
    repost

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    @sova - "À tout à l'heure" means "See you soon." Translated literally, it's something like "To all to the time."

@riverflow - I love this type of church music. Gregorian chanting is also very excellent.

One of my favourite songs - M83's "We Own the Sky"
    riverflow
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    Bonnie Pink - Sleeping Child

I just thought to myself, "Holy shit, why have I never looked up any Bonnie Pink videos before!?" And then promptly realized it was because youtube didn't exist back when I was really into her work. Hah.
    riverflow
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    On a somewhat lighter note, "The Log Driver's Waltz" by Kate and Anna McGarrigle

riverflow
  • FlorianFlorian Veteran
    edited May 2013
    So Close - Ben Jones. Some lyricist.

Shy away from Josquin? Not a chance. Always sublime.

How do I put up a link to a youtube video without showing the video? I'm a dunce at these things.

Here's what happened to Josquin's part writing a few centuries later in popular use. Ravishing. It's 'Weep Oh Mine Eyes', about the fifth song.

http://okchorale.aurovine.com/album/the-best-of-ok-chorale

riverflow
  • Florian said:

Here's what happened to Josquin's part writing a few centuries later in popular use. Ravishing. It's 'Weep Oh Mine Eyes', about the fifth song.

The opening of that track is a nice little nod to John Dowland's "Flow My Tears."

I'm an early music fanatic and I have a special CD collection I need to pass on to someone one day. Its quite a treasure--many of them out-of-print, had-to-find, and expensive imports.
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    @Invincible_summer please teach me french ! =D
    Invincible_summer
  • JimyoJimyo Explorer

My favourite song would be Search & Destroy by The Stooges (not a very buddhist sentiment) so here's my favourite video. Probably the best piece of stop motion animation I've ever seen.
  • I really need to get my record player n records unpacked. I miss listening to them. Records have a special sound to them that I just loveimage:p
    riverflowzombiegirl
  • FlorianFlorian Veteran
    riverflow said:

Florian said:

The opening of that track is a nice little nod to John Dowland's "Flow My Tears."

I'm an early music fanatic and I have a special CD collection I need to pass on to someone one day. Its quite a treasure--many of them out-of-print, had-to-find, and expensive imports.
    Yes. Bennett was a friend of Dowland, and this is a homage to Flow My Tears.

Sounds like an interesting CD collection.

• JimyoJimyo Explorer
    youtube.com/watch?v=2_HXUhShhmY

Her Morning Elegance by Oren Lavie.

(Sorry, I thought I'd posted it in my first reply)
  • lobsterlobster Veteran