Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Can you suggest some forums?

Hello Everyone,

I am not sure where to post this - this is a secular topic unrelated to Buddhism but I still need some advice. I dont know where else to ask.

I would like to know whether there are any interesting forums (aside from this one, of course) discussing politics, current affairs, etc. It should have many members, good participation, and be informative - this way I can learn about the world by interacting with people, know diverse viewpoints from around the world. This would complement my reading as well.

But I dont want to search on google (you pretty much get the same results and I am not imaginative enough to search with diff. keywords), I need someone with experience to make some suggestions.

It is a personal journey and I would very much appreciate your help.

Thanks,
BB

Comments

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    If it's a personal journey, I imagine you will have to make it personally. I simply can't think of another way.
    betaboy
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    There aren't a lot of places (that I have seen) where you can discuss all sorts of topics with an international community. Usually specific forums have specific topics, but that's just my experience. My other experience is that, the more members and the more diverse they are, the more the forum tends to be overrun with fighting. I've been all over the internet for 20 years now, and NB is pretty unique. Perhaps someone else has a different experience to share. I use some really old text-base BBSes that serve that purpose, but as they are so old, they do not have many members anymore.
    In short, I don't think a community with a high number of international members present to discuss politics, current events and so on in a rational manner exists :) But I could be wrong!
    betaboy
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    I recommend this one. You can find me on here as well.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/

betaboy
  • Metafilter. True Reddit.
  • DaftChris said:

I recommend this one. You can find me on here as well.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/

I concur, they have an active political forum section as well. As with most forums it's American dominated, but it's still fairly diverse. And it's very active.