Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Somewhere . . . Over the Rainbow

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited June 2013 in General Banter

There I was with a rose from my temporary shrine, iPod touch on full Amitabha chanting . . . when a rainbow appeared above my destination, a local temple. Now some might consider this fun for fish, auspicious or suspicious . . .

However we all have a dream destination at the end of the rainbow . . . what is yours? :)
zenmysteTheEccentricVastmind

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Actually, that was an illusion...it wasn't above your temple..... I'm certain that had you stood outside your temple and looked up, the rainbow would have not been there.
    So what you believe to be your destination, is also an illusion.

The better thing is to travel hopefully, rather than to arrive....
    lobster
  • poptartpoptart Veteran
    Nice pics, Lobster. Which of those Buddhas is you?
    federicalobsterTheEccentricInvincible_summer
  • lobster said:

However we all have a dream destination at the end of the rainbow . . . what is yours? :)

To have a 'dream' destination indicates something in the 'future' - and there is no future!
    We only have the 'now'

Therefore, i will say im not 'dreaming' to go anywhere, i have arrived at my location because i never had to leave.. i am here, right now, i am awake!!

X
    mfranzdorf
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    Very nice lobster :)
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    In the window, under the lantern, what do you see?
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    poptart said:

Nice pics, Lobster. Which of those Buddhas is you?

I am the one that went home and found a tin of toffees and scoffed more sugar than is good for shams . . .
    http://www.shamsitabriz.net/unreadablescript.html

:o
    Theswingisyellowpoptart
  • Zero said:

In the window, under the lantern, what do you see?

Looks like some golden statues possibly? Can't see it very well on this tablet.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    It's the reflection of the person taking the photograph....

There's a metaphor in there somewhere..... ;)

• ZeroZero Veteran
    ;) I thought I could see a figure but wasn't sure if it was just the resolution on my screen
    Definitely a case of "me/Not-me"....
    Zero
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    The 'reflection' is actually the pattern recognition tendency in operation. Looking at the original pic, it is just light, shadows and 'stuff' in the temple . . .

. . . meanwhile in another virtual rainbow destination, I have been banned from posting on one Buddhist forum and made a moderator on this one:
    http://www.freesangha.com/forums/introduction-time/self-moderation/msg60941/#msg60941

:o
    . . . must behave . . .
    poptart
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited June 2013
    Heh! Lobster
    Don't leave us hanging...
    wheres the link to where you were banned.
    PS
    I couldn't see the photographers reflection. Just an interior scene of an alter set up and the reflection of the back of a foreground statue.
    Ascended photographer, vampire with a camera or just the wrong angle??
  • Reminds me of that silly joke. A Buddhist comes up to a hot dog vendor and says "Make me one with everything!"
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2013
    how said:

Heh! Lobster
    Don't leave us hanging...
    wheres the link to where you were banned.

It is only a temporary ban . . . for talking nonsense at
    http://www.dharmawheel.net
    Can not give the exact link as I can not log in :o

how
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    @Lobster
    Folks universally frown unless a dinner & movie precedes the poking of a sacred cow .
  • Not sure what to make of this but I just wanted to say that I find it very strange how unusual rainbow formations appeared in the sky immediately after CTR was cremated in Scotland (since we were talking about Chogyam Trungpa in another thread).

I only know this from watching a documentary on his life and it's like someone in attendance at his funeral said: it's not proof of anything, but you could tell that many in the audience were overcome by the phenomenon.
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    edited June 2013
    If it is phenomena that interests you rivercane then you should obtain a copy of the cremation of the 16th Karmapa ( head of the Karma Kagyu school )..on film and witnessed by hundreds of people including yours truly. As the fire starts to consume the corpse there is an outbreak of rainbows..then there is an explosion and an object shoots into the air..it comes to rest at the feet of Tai Situ Rinpoche , one of the main Kagyu lineage holders..he carefully picks it up, and it is the heart of the 16th Karmarpa.
    Situ Rinpoche a few years later goes on to discover the 17th Karmapa....

But usually rainbows are just rainbows.
    rivercane