Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

courage that requires no enemies

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
Just a bit of noodling this morning about the appropriate clothing for those of a certain age.
Jeffrey

Comments

• Being toward the young end myself, I can't really give an inward perspective on this, only an outward one.
    Personally, I think clothing should be 'what you feel comfortable in and like' is appropriate. That said, why you like something is also an important consideration.
    Liking something because it helps you grasp for something impossible is not healthy, IE, those wearing clothing because it helps them feel younger or give the impression of being 'younger', perhaps isn't a good avenue.
    For any age though.. and for me personally.. I wear clothing that is practical and comfortable, that makes me smile for the joy of wearing it. Today... a pair of jeans I like because of how the denim has aged and how they're comfortable while sat at a computer for hours. A soft hooded longsleeve that's thin enough for summer, but is made of very soft cotton and has a pleasing lizard design on the front. Comfortable, 'fun' to wear.

I guess in the end it comes down to who you wear your clothes for.. for yourself, or for what you believe other people will think of them.
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited June 2013
    The appropriate spiritual clothing for someone of any age is just what ever moment they breath in.
    Courage is doing what is not easy to do. A siesta is a spiritual practioner at any age finding there practise easy to do.
    Lucy_Begood
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    edited June 2013
    Maybe a young age is the time to tussle and wrestle with the important questions in life. Maybe as an older person, one has answered these questions and it is not about not needing enemies but knowing and accepting what this life is, knowing every day is a good day.
    JeffreyLucy_Begood