Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Inbox bug I fixed

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator
edited June 2013 in NewBuddhist.com
If you have a "new" inbox notification that won't go away, page to the end of your inbox. Your mystery message got sunk to the bottom. I've fixed this so it won't happen anymore.
howStraight_Man

Comments

• I see you also fixed the little buglet where tabbing out of the post-posting editing form lands you in the posting form, rather than the "Save Comment" button. Thanks for that.

If you're looking for things to fix, the other (very, very minor) thing I've noticed recently is that in the original post of a thread, smilies show up as raw text rather than as the promised images. See the end of the OP in this thread for an example.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    @Lincoln, it would be nice to have all the usual icons and formatting applications available, even in editing: if you need to edit by maybe adding a link, or writing something in bold, there are no formatting options available when you go back into a post to edit it....
    The only way round it that I have found, is to "edit" in a new post, cut, open old post to edit, and paste.
    It's much simpler for me, as I have no time limit....but I know it irritates others....
    riverflow
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    Time limit?
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
    The average user has 15 minutes to edit a post that is posted.
    Mods have no limit on editing time.

Not complaining, just is.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    It's kind of nice to have a time limit so somebodies edit doesn't topple the banter of conversation. For example if I post regarding a line of text and then the poster edits their response my whole post might be 'lost in space' ie not connected to the discussion. I do like/need at least 15 minutes editing so I can fix mistakes or add something that I suddenly have ie 'aha' moments.