Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Soshulmeeja Sutta.

CittaCitta Veteran
edited June 2013 in General Banter
Thus have I heard.
Once when the Lord was staying at the house of his Best Buddy Ananda, Ananda became curious and said ' O sage of the Sakyas this morning we watched the TV entertainment hosted by the Great Rishi Springer. On that entertainment people shouted Lord. They wailed O Great Muni. They banged their fists on the table O Sage. Did they do well Lord ? When they wailed and shouted and banged.? Is it good O Sayamuni to flap our gums and wag our heads and to sound off our Opinions about everything under the sun ?
The Lord replied ' Say not so Ananda! Say not so !.
Ananda ! Be Aware Ananda ! When those people on that Entertainment
shouted and wailed and banged and flapped their gums and wagged their heads and Opined about everything under the sun was it condusive to the peace of Nations Ananda ? Did it shed light on their troubles Ananda ? '
Ananada replied ' it did not Noble one.'
The lord spoke again Ananda ! Ananda ! Did not their wailing and banging and flapping and shouting and Opining not rather add to the thicket of views ?
' It did O Best Of Men '
' Just so Ananda, just so. We should put our minds in gear and do a little homework before Opining Ananda old mate '

' It is well Lord ' said Ananda ' It is well . There's a repeat of Charlies Deva's on in ten minutes. I'll make tea.'

riverflowfedericaAkane

Comments

• aMattaMatt Veteran
    Lol, what in the world? The more I read this the more I laugh. Thanks for that!
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    edited June 2013
    Apparently it was discovered hidden inside an old copy of ' Mad' magazine. It is believed to be a translation by Alfred .E. Neuman.

_/\_
    riverflowAkane
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I used to love 'Mad' magazine!!

Is it still published??
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    'Fraid not chuck...Still we were bequeathed the mantram of the great Alfred. E.

" What ? Me Worry ? ".....
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    It's now an online publication!!!
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    Oh...thanks for that..good news. :)