Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

When was the last time you spotted...

PremaSagarPremaSagar Veteran
edited July 2013 in General Banter
When was the last time you spotted Buddhist iconography in a movie or in an episode of television series ?
What the name of the movie or series ?

Comments

• Not sure if this counts but one of my favorite shows is Buffy the vampire slayer and oz, the werewolf character had left his girlfriend willow and joined a Tibetan monastery where they gave him Mala beads and a meditation practice to help him control changing into a wolf. I thought it was pretty cool.
    Zero
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    Well in the not brilliant movie, 'The Invasion' with Nicole Kidman, I am convinced the virus was turning the humans into semi-Buddhists. Their behaviour reminded me a lot of some practitioners I have have seen zombified and de emotionalised by practice . . . probably not quite what you meant either?
    MaryAnneriverflow
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    I saw "The Heat" last night. If Buddhist iconography is not funny then what's the point...
  • A really baaaaad SyFy movie called Heebie Jeebies.
  • The X-Files, an episode called All Things has a bit with a big old Buddha statue.
  • footiamfootiam Veteran
    I think it must be Pacific Rim. With all that destructions, I could only see impermanence in life!
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    I was watching a thing about Vikings, and they uncovered a stature of Gautama Buddha in an ancient Viking burial up in Sweden.
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    I was just watching this trailer and at 1:05 there is a very cool Buddha statue carved out of a mountain of rock.

karmablues
  • Omar067Omar067 Veteran
    edited July 2013
    I found pictures of the Buddha unintentionally while watching Afro Samurai.