Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Men please take note.

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited July 2013 in General Banter
(let me immediately clarify that this is supposed to be distinctly humorous.....)

;)
:D
riverflowJeffreyaMattVastmindLucy_BegoodSillyPuttyZaylkarmabluesInvincible_summerpersonEvenThirdToshzombiegirlStraight_ManmisterCopeThinGentlement

Comments

• riverflowriverflow Veteran
    edited July 2013
    LOL + insightful... (when the proverbial shoe is put on the other foot)
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    Yep, all those sound reasonable.
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited July 2013
    ROFLMAO....I love it! ....... lolololol
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited July 2013
    One small step for man. Three giant leaps for womankind.

^^modified of what the first astronaut on the moon said.
    riverflow
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    Seems well reasoned to me.
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited July 2013
    It's so nice to see someone loosen the reins and allow others to laugh.

Thanks.

PS. Is it too arrogant to suggest that the properly-trained male might also make some small contribution towards the creation of shiny new nuns?
    Lucy_BegoodDandelion
  • Wrestling mountain lions! Yess! :p
    riverflowJeffreyVastmind
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    I'd rather wrestle a mountain lion than cross some females. Just kidding, it is a 50 50 tossup. :D
    VastmindInvincible_summer
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    That gave me a good chuckle, ha.
  • karmablueskarmablues Veteran
    edited July 2013
    After having attended dozens of meditation retreats in Thailand, I've noticed that women outnumber men by usually around a ratio of around 9:1. How does this compare to retreats held in other countries (whether in the East or West)? Just curious.
    Invincible_summer
    edited July 2013
    @karmablues -- The retreats I have been to here in the U.S. generally seemed to be about evenly divided.

As an un-ordained male, I noticed immediately that the women at these retreats -- nuns and otherwise -- appeared to give off a special and elevated glow that seemed to separate them from the rest of us.

On the other hand, I have sometimes been rightly accused of being a male chauvinist pig ...
    VastmindInvincible_summerEvenThirdDandelion
  • JohnGJohnG Veteran
    I promise to atone for my maleness by being reborn as a woman. :coffee:
    riverflowLucy_Begood
  • It's funny, 'cause it's true.
    I promise to atone for my maleness by being reborn as a woman
    I'll promise too if I can find a woman who promises to atone by being 'reborn' as a man.
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    JohnG said:

No need to wait, with some hormones and a bit of surgery...
    :p
    Lucy_Begood
  • zenffzenff Veteran
    edited July 2013
    “When male monks wear their robes over one shoulder, they expose their muscular and commanding upper body. This distracts women devotees, and is therefore inappropriate in a monastery.”
    This is true actually. We are gorgeous. And what’s more, a man's sex-appeal grows with the climbing of the years.
    DandelionriverflowSillyPutty
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    zenff said:

“When male monks wear their robes over one shoulder, they expose their muscular and commanding upper body. This distracts women devotees, and is therefore inappropriate in a monastery.”
    This is true actually. We are gorgeous. And what’s more, a man's sex-appeal grows with the climbing of the years.
    Yes.
    Unfortunately their stomachs grows with the descent of the gravitational pull.
    SillyPuttyzenffDandelion
    edited July 2013
    Unfortunately their stomachs grows with the descent of the gravitational pull.
    @federica -- I am too much of a paunchy gentleman to make the obvious rejoinder. :p
    Vastmindvinlyn
  • No way. I get free haircuts and can wear a skirt in public without ridicule. And who said we're not sensitive? Those mountain lions bite really hard.
  • JohnGJohnG Veteran
    Nevermind said:

JohnG said:

With beard, I will make one ugly woman.
    :eek:
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    JohnG said:

Nevermind said:

JohnG said:

With beard, I will make one ugly woman.
    :eek:
    Is that implying that if you shaved you'd be a good looking one?
  • JohnGJohnG Veteran
    nope just uglier. :sawed:
  • sndymornsndymorn Veteran
    edited August 2013
    @ Zenff said

My maleness longs for the world of the Mexican telenovela where old guys dye their hair and mustaches black and the young women flock to the sexy sexy oldster . belly fat holds no sway in my fantasy. Nuns would beg me for just a bit of my time.i would give it to them when I was not fighting for justice and right with my old but powerful body.
    personJeffreyzenffriverflow

• ^^ Sounds like The Most Interesting Men in the World! Viva Dos Equis!! ;)
    Never get between and man and his fantasy!!!!
    Jeffrey
  • JohnGJohnG Veteran
    Hmm, well hormones and surgery could develop a look, but I've discovered that there's more to being a female then looks.
    Yaskan
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    edited August 2013
    In defence of the Male Buddhist I would like to pitch in some comments and some corrections, if you nuns do not mind.

Generally speaking the “top-heavy” physique that makes us Men topple over can be attributed to womens fancy over millions of years of sexual selection. Thank you all so much for that. :cool:

Where as(s) the bottom heavy meditation friendly look of women can likewise be attributed to Men...Yes you are very welcome...Our pleasure actually... :D .

Now for more specific comments on each point.

10. Just a slight correction:

A man’s place is in the workforce, where he can earn money to buy better video games. (Why on earth are they still called that?)

9. All true. That is why we have Man Caves.

8. Already addressed above.

7. It is true we are more violent but in regard of promiscuouty obviously some women dont seem to mind so much since otherwise we would not have anyone to be promiscuous with now would we? :eek2: And, due to size differences, Men do need to drink more to get as tipsy as women get on just half a glass of wine.

6. True. This is why they have TV in the monesteries. (This comment was not meant to be funny but sad, sigh).

5. Again addressed in the beginning.

4,3 and 2. No Argument.

As to no1. Men make nice things to offer to women to make merit and hope that some woman will cook, wash dishes, do laundry for them. Lately this strategy has been failing for no apparent reason. Maybe Men need to take of their T-shirts and expose their muscular and commanding upper body more...or something...

Peacefully Yours.
    /Victor
    Jeffrey