Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Wiggle your toes

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
edited August 2013 in Meditation

Ever catch yourself nodding along absentmindedly during a conversation as your brain flits to a million other things? "The frenetic nature of our society—constant updates via e-mail and Twitter, for example—provides some sort of excitement every few minutes, and we've become trained to expect that," says Olivia Fox Cabane, author of The Charisma Myth. "If we're not stimulated after a short period of time, we look around for something that will do the job. This is true whether we're reading a dull news story or involved in a conversation." To be a more attentive listener, Cabane recommends taking a moment to focus your attention on your toes. This mindfulness trick will instantly bring you back to the present—right where you belong.

--- http://www.oprah.com/spirit/How-to-Focus-Improve-Your-Attention-Span/5#ixzz2awAyEuxe

Of course, the breath works too. ;)
DandelionJeffreyStraight_ManTalismanpoulet

Comments

• Hi there, @Vastmind

That's so awesome man! I'm always looking for techniques like these.

Thanks for sharing :)
    Vastmind
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    @vastmind- i'm sorry, darling.... I lost interest about half way through and started looking at my phone. could you just tweet that idea in 140 characters or less? I have places to imagine I am going to and people to imagine wanting me to be at those places I am imagining going to. oh... nevermind..... cute cat is doing something cute on youtube... gotta go! :lol:
    VastmindMaryAnne