Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

WHERE ARE WE ALL FROM?

I am very curious as to where everyone is from on this forum. I'd love to talk about the pub scene with people from Ireland, or general culture with people from India, etc etc etc. So if you'd like, please post where you are from. I am from Ohio, USA

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    I live in far northern MN, about 10 miles from Ontario. All of my great grandparents immigrated here from Finland, and thankfully my grandparents stayed here and so did my parents. I lived about 10 years in Fargo, ND for college and post-college work, and moved back as soon as my husband was offered a job. I'd have a hard time living anywhere else.
  • So you must deal with the snow as well? Sorry to hear that. lol
  • Central NJ, near the shore.
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Snow and cold, yes, about 6-7 months of the year. I don't mind it though, to live here you have to make friends with winter or you'll lose your mind. We ski, snowboard, snowshoe and go winter camping. I don't always love winter, lol, but I don't hate it most of the time. As the saying goes, it's in my genes.
    Vagabond
  • The merriest bit of old England. Born by the river Thames. Live near the River Thames, I can see it out the window... but about 20 miles from where I was born.
  • Mars
    Kundo
  • Jersey Shore here....
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Originally from a little town in western NYS -- Palmyra. Then a couple of years in Maryland. Most of my adult life in the Virginia suburbs of D.C. 2 years in Thailand. Now in Colorado Springs.
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    I'm originally from earth.
    MaryAnne
  • I'm not really from anywhere... my dad was in the navy so we moved every couple years. I was born in Long Beach, California. I've been a little of everywhere. Currently I live just on the other side of the Mississippi across from Memphis, Tennessee.
  • Brought up in Oldham, NE Manchester. Now live in Shaw about 5 miles from my childhood home. Work/shop etc in Manchester, which was incidentally rated the best UK city again this week. I'm 5 mins drive from open countryside so get a good mix of city and country.
  • Nevermind said:

So, where do you live now?
    vinlynKundo
  • TheEccentricTheEccentric Hampshire, UK Veteran
    Hampshire (not the fake one in America the real one in England).
    VagabondmisterCoperiverflowKundo
  • misterCopemisterCope PA, USA Veteran
    Pennsylvania here, hopefully New Orleans in the near future!
    MaryAnneriverflow
  • Born in Denver, I live about an hour south of vinlyn now ! Neat.
    Beautiful Colorado, home of the 14ers, (peaks that is) :)
    Trinidad?
  • Fellow buckeye here @Vagabond . Northwest Ohio.
    Vagabond
  • Pueblo, actually its only 40 mins if you drive like I do :D
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    Bucharest, Romania
    TheEccentricMaryAnneInvincible_summerBunks
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    From Toms River NJ :)

now in Ft Lauderdale FL :)
    vinlyn said:

MaryAnne said:

Jersey Shore here....

Poor spelling.

Isn't it Joisy?

Not when you are from the shore! Only north jersey people talk like that. AKA "Bennies"!

• NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    Gui said:

Nevermind said:

So, where do you live now?
    Hold on a sec and let me check...

Looks like earth.
  • Bangkok, Thailand
    Invincible_summer
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    Sweden
    Invincible_summer
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited September 2013
    Northampton, Massachusetts, which is about 90 miles west of Boston... both in the U.S.A.
    Nirvana
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited September 2013
    I'm here in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, about a half hours drive down the highway from Toronto.

As for where I'm from, it's likely the same place I'll end up but I don't remember.

How's it goin' eh?
    Invincible_summer
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited September 2013
    Sydney, Australia :)

But my family are from Norway and Scotland
    Bunks
  • Japan by birth, but brought up in Geordieland by the Grace of God (North East England; the Kingdom of Northumbria).
    Bunks
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited September 2013
    I'm in Memphis, TN....US

Wow! I love how many different representations we have here! :thumbsup:
  • MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
    edited September 2013
    @Seeker242

I am in Toms River (still). Moved here in 1965. Been here ever since except for one year in Austin Tx, (early 80's) and about 3.5 months in Florida (later 80's).

What high school did you go to? Are we close in age?
  • I opened this, thinking it was a philosophical thread like where are we from, where r we going, etc. :-/
    riverflowNirvanaDandelionkarmablues
  • betaboy said:

I opened this, thinking it was a philosophical thread like where are we from, where r we going, etc. :-/

lol i know, i posted it like that on purpose
    Dandelion
    betaboy said:

I opened this, thinking it was a philosophical thread like where are we from, where r we going, etc. :-/

Reminds me of something I did back when I was a principal. My goal for the school year was to get my teachers to be more student-centered. So I opened the first faculty meeting of the school year with an index card that each teacher had to fill out. All is said was:

I teach ______________________.

Only one teacher out of about 60 said "children". Everyone else said a subject. It got a good discussion going.

riverflowMaryAnne
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    No one here from the slums?

I posted where I was from about six years ago and since then I've been put on the witness protection program project XRB.

I teach reluctant adults sometimes.
  • So Seeker242 was from Toms River. MaryAnne still is from Toms River and its Tom's birthday. :)
  • Melbourne, Australia. :)
    KundoBunks
  • Betaboy, I'm from confusion, hopefully moving toward clarity. ;)
    Vastmind
  • from the great state of delusion
    Vastmindriverflow
  • blu3reeblu3ree Veteran
    edited September 2013
    michigan the great lakes state! home to lots of humid days and unpredictable weather.

cool refreshing canadian breezes in the spring.

i am from the hand part. not upper peninsula so no plateaus where i live :(.
    TheEccentric
    edited September 2013
    MaryAnne said:

@Seeker242

I am in Toms River (still). Moved here in 1965. Been here ever since except for one year in Austin Tx, (early 80's) and about 3.5 months in Florida (later 80's).

Cool! :) I went to St Joseph / Monsignor Donovan Catholic HS. Graduated in 91'. Moved here in 93'

12 years of catholic schooling indoctrination did nothing! :lol:
  • Citta said:

So Seeker242 was from Toms River. MaryAnne still is from Toms River and its Tom's birthday. :)

I know, right??
    :eek2:
    riverflow
  • seeker242 said:

MaryAnne said:

@Seeker242

Cool! :) I went to St Joseph / Monsignor Donovan Catholic HS. Graduated in 91'. Moved here in 93'

12 years of catholic schooling indoctrination did nothing! :lol:
    OK, apparently, since I'm an Oooooold lady, we're not that close in age.
    I'm actually old enough to be your MOM! :eek: LOL
    (I wonder if I know your parents or other family?!)
    Anyway, I hope you're still near the ocean in Florida. I know for me, I never want to live too far away from some type of large body of water! Do you like it there?
    I lived in Jacksonville Fl for a few months- hated it. But then again, Jax is not the best city to represent Fl, I know.
    FullCircle
    edited September 2013
    MaryAnne said:

Anyway, I hope you're still near the ocean in Florida. I know for me, I never want to live too far away from some type of large body of water! Do you like it there?
    I lived in Jacksonville Fl for a few months- hated it. But then again, Jax is not the best city to represent Fl, I know.

Can ride bike to beach in 15 minutes! It's ok, much busier than NJ, so many more people. Although, I can go to the beach in February!

:)
    MaryAnne
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Melbourne, Australia. :)

Hello from Sydney :D
    Bunks
  • Melbourne, Australia. :)

Hello from Sydney :D
    :wave:
    Kundo
  • Hello Syd.
    Kundo
  • Michigan here. Hate the state government, love the state. Pic is a picture I took off of leelanau bay.image
    MaryAnneDandelion
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    The Middlands Area of England.
    Wisdom23