Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Have you heard of Dynamic meditation?

Comments

• This is a first for me, I've never heard of it before. It is a little like walking meditation in the sense when doing that you must be aware of it foot as it rises, moves forward and then lowers to the ground. Only with this 'dynamic meditation' you are sat down and moving parts of the body and being aware of them.

Whatever works for you is all good, like I said not long ago I often meditate with food as I noticed how unmindful I can be whilst eating.
  • karmablueskarmablues Veteran
    edited September 2013
    Luang Por Tean is a name that many Thais would have heard of, but his fifteen postures for meditation is actually not that well known.

I met one of his chief disciples a few months ago and had the chance to make some offerings. Unfortunately, he was too frail to give a dhamma talk.

I agree with ThailandTom that the method is basically a mindfulness of body meditation. One of his disciples says the core of Luang Por Tean's teachings on meditation can be condensed into two lines as follows:
    Watch the body, [and you will] see the mind;
    See the mind, [and you will] see the Dhamma.
  • jll said:
    On the whole I would urge caution against attempting practises where access to hands-on teaching is difficult.
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    Tai chi chuan, Qigong, Yoga, prostrations, zen "work practice", etc. They are all different forms of "dynamic meditation". Never heard of "Mahasati" before but it seems very similar.
    pegembara