Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Interesting Videos...why can't you post the topic?

vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
That's all.

Comments

• Thank you, was thinking the same myself, mobile data doesn't grow on trees ya know! But lobster should be exempt though, for obvious reasons. :o
    vinlyn
  • It would boil down to what you define as interesting, I find many things interesting that I am sure the vast majority of this forum will not find interesting.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    @ThailandTom, that's not the point...

I take it.@Vinlyn, that you mean people should perhaps add some commentary, opinion or discussion point when they post a thread with a video as the first post subject?

That is in fact a pre-requisite, as dear Leon Basin discovered after a while....

I have already had to "admonish" more than one member for posting a thread, with nothing but a video/link as the subject matter.

All such threads are immediately dumped.

If people cannot be bothered to at least try to elicit some kind of response by expanding their rationalE for posting such material, then the thread gets taken off forum.

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED!!
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Agree. I'm sure there are a lot of things I would enjoy that I miss because I'm not going to sit thru 60+ minute videos without knowing what it's about to see if it's remotely worth my watching. I won't even watch a 5 minute video without having an idea of what it's about, lol. A note about what it is, and why you wanted to share it is always appreciated.
  • federica said:

@ThailandTom, that's not the point...

I take it.@Vinlyn, that you mean people should perhaps add some commentary, opinion or discussion point when they post a thread with a video as the first post subject?

That is in fact a pre-requisite, as dear Leon Basin discovered after a while....

I have already had to "admonish" more than one member for posting a thread, with nothing but a video/link as the subject matter.

All such threads are immediately dumped.

If people cannot be bothered to at least try to elicit some kind of response by expanding their rationalE for posting such material, then the thread gets taken off forum.

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED!!

wut :-/ I don't even know what the problem is, I just read the title of this thread and posted something relevant, I had no idea there was some issue going on within the forum regarding videos being posted.
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Let me clarify my original point.

When you just post a video or some totally vague topic title, each member has to waste time opening the video, watching a bit of it, and then deciding it's of interest or no interest. Many of the videos people post here are in excess of an hour. Even as an old retired guy, I don't have the time to waste on topics that are of no interest.

If you post a video about meditation techniques, title it about meditation techniques, make a comment about why the video is of value. Then I can quickly decide whether or not it is of interest to me personally.

However, even though the posting of unlabeled videos is annoying, I find it more annoying for people to be reprimanded.
    betaboy