Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    What do the remainder of us non-Americans need to do - put our heads between our legs and kiss our @$$es goodbye.....?
  • Here's to vote for Hope and Change... lol... Thank you for sharing.
  • federica said:

What do the remainder of us non-Americans need to do - put our heads between our legs and kiss our @$$es goodbye.....?

If you can reach that far it may help, but if not then maybe just enjoy the ride.. This video if funny more than anything else, if you can't enjoy a joke of this nature then that's just sad :(
  • oceancaldera207oceancaldera207 Veteran
    edited September 2013
    epiphany; I've determined that the US should give Iran nuclear weapons....you know...just to even things out a bit. And al Qaeda and the taliban is just like native American tribes...we should at least give them reservations in reparation for our conquering ways.

Obama revelation that will blow your MIND

Also, Assad should be given the Nobel peace prize.. and maybe an all expenses paid trip to Vegas.
    Oh! And sanctions for human rights violations are imposing American ideals...we should remove all sanctions.

@vinlyn that video is definitely worth watching.
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    And if the US is out of the way Tom, perhaps your country can once again own numerous countries and peoples...you know...the sun never setting on the British Empire. Of course, I'm only joking, and if you can't take a joke, then that's just sad.
    MaryAnne
  • misterCopemisterCope PA, USA Veteran
    That first video is hilarious.
  • vinlyn said:

And if the US is out of the way Tom, perhaps your country can once again own numerous countries and peoples...you know...the sun never setting on the British Empire. Of course, I'm only joking, and if you can't take a joke, then that's just sad.

It isn't 'my' country, I was born there and by definition of blood and genetics I am as much German as I am English, so you can throw the Hitler stuff on me as well if you like. Just as the US is not your country, it is a place on this planet you happen have been born in. I quite simply have had enough of what THE US GOVERNMENT is doing and has been doing, and have said NOTHING about the general population of the US apart from it is time they wake the hell up.
  • Watch out Vinlyn, you sound like you could have a grudge against the United Kingdom, don't want to be called up for possible terrorist thoughts do you?
    42bodhi
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

federica said:

If you can reach that far it may help, but if not then maybe just enjoy the ride.. This video if funny more than anything else, if you can't enjoy a joke of this nature then that's just sad :(
    Actually, my reply was an attempt at humour.
    Unlike you, even as a half-Brit, to not see the irony. You should know what a sarcastic bunch the Brits are...

Said the half-Italian member.... :D
  • federica said:

federica said:

Actually, my reply was an attempt at humour.
    Unlike you, even as a half-Brit, to not see the irony. You should know what a sarcastic bunch the Brits are...

Said the half-Italian member.... :D
    Humor often passes me by on the internet, it is either me being something I call 'net-tistic' which is being autistic on the internet, or just the internet being somewhat monotone or your attempt failed, probably one of the first two.

I am actually on 25% English genetically speaking, 25% German and 50% Estonian, got any dirt on Estonia?
    yes, but you'd have to buy it. Dirt don't come cheap. ('Where there's muck there's brass'....:p )
  • I am 100% Lithuanian and can provide plenty of dirt on Estonia. But I am only the daughter of refugees born in the People's Republic of Santa Monica, California. (Only Los Angelenos will understand that - as apparently birthplace means nothing.)
    Since when can you trust and believe any politician? They are all in league with one another.
    Since when has America been at peace? Since 1776, America has been at war for 214 years, which means only 24 years of peace. Yet the world is who brands American the greatest, peaceful democracy on the planet. I'd say the US has a pretty good PR team to promote the American values that other countries both envy and critique.
    Don't forget that during the Victorian era the UK "governed" about 75% of the population of the entire world.
    Btw- Here is a list of the hundreds of military operations the US has been involved in since 1775:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations
    The world does not change for the good when a politician decides to promote "change."
    Individuals must take action and hold leaders accountable.
    Sadly, today most people are complicit in the actions of leaders with their own indifference and apathy.
    I have personally witnessed the power of individuals bring an empire to its knees to change.
    Unfortunately, today I just see a lot of whining and no action from the majority. (A few (ie. Occupy movement) are trying to fight the good fight, but the majority seem to put them down and continue the complicity of the oppressors.)
    Sending love and compassion to all...
    ThailandTom
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited September 2013
    Some people think I have something against Obama, well I do, but they also assume I think the alternative (the right wing) is the way to go, no in fact if I had to vote back in 2008 I would have voted for the left and Obama. The thing is, now I see that which ever way you vote makes no difference, haters gunna hate, America's gunna merrica... That's just the way it is.

I remember seeing a video of when Obama was sworn in and he had to pledge on the bible that he would follow the constitution etc, and then recently there are clips of him saying in public it needs changing, it is out of date, it is a bad document etc.

I literally have nothing against the common US citizen, I have friends there and understand what hardships a lot of the population has had to endure from natural disasters to economical, but the government is making things so much worse on so many levels yet there is no change, if any it just gets worse and worse. Why do people not see this happening, why does the common person not realize what their government is doing or care?
  • The world does not change for the good when a politician decides to promote "change."
    What does this mean?
  • @oceancaldera207 sorry for the lack of clarity - might have been better if i said "when a politician promotes himself as the agent of change."
    And am not slighting Obama, or Repubs - am actually stating that we are all to blame for our apathy and allowing politicians to create the mess giving us these headaches.
  • Whats that about, the NSA? It doesnt say what its mad about about.

Whats that about, the NSA? It doesnt say what its mad about about.

Don't worry about it. Tom virtually never posts anything from a mainstream news source, and only beats up on the United States...never his own government.

• vinlyn said:

Whats that about, the NSA? It doesnt say what its mad about about.

Don't worry about it. Tom virtually never posts anything from a mainstream news source, and only beats up on the United States...never his own government.

Why don't you get it into your thick skull, Vinlyn, I do not have a government.. 'My own country' does not exist, I happened to be born in England but it is not my country. It in itself has major problems granted. I however see far greater problems in the United States government with regards to having an impact the rest of the world.

I do not post much stuff from mainstream news because they are all bought up by major corporations and IMHO are more often than not full of shit when it comes to such things. The first video was a joke, haha, the second one was obviously made by a citizen who is a part of a far larger group of citizens who are also enraged. You sir are still being willfully ignorant and by all means carry on, that is your own choice. But I myself have many more years ahead of me statistically speaking and I do not want such powers to be enforcing the world as they are doing now and are going to do so in the future.

You want some stuff on the NSA and from a mainstream source? Ok

Sorry Tom. I wasn't aware that you renounced your British citizenship and no longer carry a British passport.
  • Mox news; mainstream?? Really?

"Mox News is an online news source provided by a man who calls himself Moxy. Through its own website and more popular through the video-sharing site YouTube, Mox News delivers various news videos from different news organizations and sources in the US and on the web including Fox News among others.
    The basic content of the so-called Mox News videos are selected video clippings from supposedly important news based on the tastes of its owner.
    This independent and free news video channel prides itself as not being commissioned by any network or any person. It simply means that whatever news appears on Mox News as posted on YouTube or its website are personal choices of the owner. "

And he looks and sounds like a typical conspiracy nutbag. That is not mainstream.
    vinlynoceancaldera207
    edited September 2013
    I read 'body of secrets' years ago, and always assumed they watched everything. Never really bothered me that much. I'm sure they're watching me right now, because a few months ago I was researching centrifugal and laser u235 fissile material production and 2 stage compact fission- fusion reaction induction processes
    Hi NSA!

• Personally, I think anyone with some level of critical thinking skills and a small dose of curiosity and common sense can usually divine the 'basic truth' of the matters by watching legitimate "mainstream" news channels like;
    BBC, BBC/America, (both respectable, IMO) as well as CNN (pretty left leaning -most of the time), MSNBC (also somewhat left leaning), and the major networks - ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS - news programs and investigative reporting (or what's left of investigative reporting).
    Now, I'm not trying to claim none of them are biased in any way whatsoever, but there's 'leaning' one way or the other, and then there's plain ol' extremist right-wing BS like Foxnews and it's affiliates - where Moxnews gets most of his out of context, highly edited nonsense.
    oceancaldera207
  • vinlyn said:

Sorry Tom. I wasn't aware that you renounced your British citizenship and no longer carry a British passport.

I am in technical terms British but what does that even mean? I was born in Britain, so what? Just because I was born there does that mean that I should care more about it than the rest of the world, why does the world have all of these boundaries and segregation? We are all human beings living on this planet.

@MaryAnne
    And the second link is just nicely brushed aside. Whatever, I don't even know what moxy news is but I do now, thanks. I would use Fox news as it is mainstream but that is well, Foxnews.. A lot of the news interviews politicians just shows them dodging questions, spinning a web of lies or a mixture of the two, so I try not to swallow their BS.

@oceancaldera207
    Might seem like a joke now but with new technology comes new power. The new iphone for example with it's finger print lock and unlock feature, how safe is that? There is technology the government has that can ID a person on the way they walk. Bills are being passed and created that are limiting the freedom over and over, yet most people sit back and let it happen as it is for the greater good right. Bills that allow people to be detained for as much as 6-12 months on nothing more than suspicion, people potentially getting arrested for crimes they have not yet committed because the system profiles people and 'predicts' such events.

vinlyn said:

I am in technical terms British but what does that even mean? I was born in Britain, so what? Just because I was born there does that mean that I should care more about it than the rest of the world, why does the world have all of these boundaries and segregation? We are all human beings living on this planet.

Because that's real life.

And if you don't think so, next time you go up to the Immigration Office north of Bangkok, tell them you are no longer a British citizen and no longer have a British passport, that you're just a citizen of the world.

You know Tom, I care about you, but I tire on you constantly beating up on my country. What would happen to you right now if you went around being this critical of King Bhumipohl and the Crown Prince constantly in public?

• MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
    edited September 2013
    Well @ThailandTom, I can say the exact same thing... actually we ALL can-
    We're just merely born here in America, does that mean we shouldn't care more about America than any other place in the world? How come you want to bash America's government doings, and hold all Americans somehow responsible for its doings, but YOU as a British citizen, well, you are just Born there and have no responsibility.... really? Or are you claiming that Britain is soooo much less 'evil' than America, that it's just not that worrisome?

Do you vote Tom? Do you do your part to help elect the "right" people that you think should be running your country... or should I say 'that' country that you just happened to be born in and a citizen of? Why do you feel only Americans be held accountable for America, but somehow you're not accountable for Britain? I vote, I do what I can to stay aware and educated about much of my country's policies and political stuff. I don't approve of half of it... But I still do what I can and appreciate what we DO do right all the same. Why would that make me a 'bad person' in your eyes?
    vinlyn
  • You know tom, I was always getting into it with authority figures as a youngster, and my dad used to say 'you can only change things from the inside."
    Later I found that government is a many faceted thing...a human thing..and realized that he was definitely right.
    If you're so passionate about this, why not become a journalist and see for yourself what the real story is.
    MaryAnne
  • MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
    edited September 2013
    "...because a few months ago I was researching centrifugal and laser u235 fissile material production and 2 stage compact fission- fusion reaction induction processes..."

WOW, so was I !!?! ;-)

I'm just kidding ... (really, NSA...) :hair:
    edited September 2013
    MaryAnne said:

"..a few months ago I was researching centrifugal and laser u235 fissile material production and 2 stage compact fission- fusion reaction induction processes..."

WOW, so was I !!?! ;-)

I'm just kidding ... (really, NSA...) :hair:

:) its not as bad as it sounds except for the laser uranium isotope separation process, which is not for the eyes of Iran. That's gotta be a 'cavity search' facility (australia)
    On a serious note, I do think they need to be reigned in with their dealings with federal law enforcement agencies. I cant remember the legal term but feds use nsa acquired PRISM evidence but since the collection process is classified, they are somehow legally allowed to manufacture a parallel story as to how the evidence was collected, and it holds up in court! I sincerely hope this was only used against cartel operations...it didn't say but that's what it sounds like to me. I actually like the nsa, but snowden was right, they're getting out of hand (again), tends to happen with them ref 'body of secrets'.
    (See that's actually true, but there's so much unfounded conspiracy stuff out there no one believes the real gray area stuff that is actually true confirmed public knowledge)
  • vinlyn said:

vinlyn said:

Because that's real life.

And if you don't think so, next time you go up to the Immigration Office north of Bangkok, tell them you are no longer a British citizen and no longer have a British passport, that you're just a citizen of the world.

You know Tom, I care about you, but I tire on you constantly beating up on my country. What would happen to you right now if you went around being this critical of King Bhumipohl and the Crown Prince constantly in public?

I have nothing against you either and nor do I have anything against a a group of people or nation as they are composed of individuals, but at the forefront of modern times leading the way is the US government, and to me what it is doing stinks, that is my opinion. I am not hating on you or any people individually, just the motives and way that the US government is handling things. Also like I said I am not left wing'd or right wing'd, that in all honesty would not make much of a difference anymore.

Also sure there are acts of great evil across the world, countries and their governments committing atrocious acts, but I have something more against the US government as it is the current super power, thus has a monopoly on the world and thus what it says happens. In itself that would be fine if the government was conducting itself in a decent manner across the world but it isn't.

And yes I know if I bashed the King in any way I would go to prison, but there are all kinds of things I can do here which I would not be able to do in the West, similarly there are things I cannot do here that I can do there.
    edited September 2013
    mobile.reuters.com
    Ahh here it is. The term is 'parallel construction' and it makes Thomas Jefferson have a sad face. :shake:
    But really this is all the DEAs fault. Not sure to what extent cooperation with SOD is voluntary for the NSA.
  • If Americans must be accountable for the evils of their government, and Brits accountable for theirs, then by the same logic identifying as a "citizen of the world" and a human being one must be accountable for all the evils of all of humanity.
    Pointing fingers and placing blame is a fruitless cycle.
    There is also a lot of good in humanity.
    We are all accountable for the good and bad - and play a role, whether we are aware of it or not, in each.

"As the rivers flowing east and west
    merge in the sea and become one with it,
    forgetting they were ever separate streams,
    so do all creatures lose their separateness
    when they merge at last into pure Being."

These lines from the Chandogya Upanishad, translated by Easwaran.
    MaryAnne