Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Displaced state of consciousness

Hello there, I haven't posted here in a while, but there's topic I would like to discuss with you all.

It is rather hard for me to express what I'm going through, since I lack the vocabulary to address the issue. For the first time in my life, I feel as if I am on the right path. Everything around me seems to align and I see progress in my practice and my emotional well-being. The only thing is, I've been experiencing a sort of déjà vu for a month now. It comes and goes, but it happens every day. I'm not sure if it's related to my meditation practice or perhaps a mental illness surfacing, but it is quite disturbing. It shakes my concentration and leaves me thinking astray. I'm not too worried, because it happens in situations that are positive and even fills me with love. It's only hard to focus on such positivity without doubting the outcome.

I'm wondering if any of you have ever experienced this or heard of such a phenomena.

Thanks.

Comments

• What is disturbing is you are disturbed by it.
    Hello disturbance (arising) goodbye arising.
    It seems you like it? It is something? You are enthralled, held, effected by it? GIve it space. Let it be. It is Nothing . . . until you make a meal of it . . . :om:
    cptshrkoceancaldera207blu3ree
  • My main concern is I hold on to it, because it concerns me.
  • The concern is no different to the experience. It comes, it goes. Breath in, breath out. Nice breath? Bad breath? Sense of having breathed before aka Deju-vu breath?
    This is all arising . . .
    . . . and breath out and let go . . . as more than one yoga teacher has said to many of us . . .

think of it as a wave . . . :wave: . . . up, down, bye bye wave . . . gone . . .