Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What and 'karma for you?

I have believed for many years years old meaning of the word karma, but perhaps only those who have truly lived, Tibetan monks, they can understand: what do you think?

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Only Tibetan monks have "truly" lived?????
  • It may be helpful for you to flesh out your meaning. Fuzzy finger, fuzzy moon.
  • vinlyn said:

Only Tibetan monks have "truly" lived?????

I believe in karma, but who has always lived it, like the Tibetan monks, is able to hear inwardly better than us, do not you think?
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    As a Theravadan, I would disagree with your position.
    BonsaiDoug
  • I'm not entirely sure, but I think what he is getting at is this.
    For a monk the subject of karma is a daily reality. Daily life is dedicated to realizing impermanence and behaviour is controlled more strictly to prevent creating negative results.
    So they may be more sensitive to cause and effect in their lives than a lay person
    I think the the same thing applies to Theravedan monks. Or to a lay person with a more intensive meditation practice.
    I also think that some monks can be as ignorant as anyone else.
  • I think karma is a relevant and obvious discovery when we examine our suffering.

And anyone regardless of their position can examine suffering. Be it a monk or a layperson.

Cause and effect is the whole teaching of dharma in a nutshell. And suffering the heart of the matter. And our depth of seeing suffering and its causes is the depth of seeing karma.
    lobster
  • boksic said:

I have believed for many years years old meaning of the word karma, but perhaps only those who have truly lived, Tibetan monks, they can understand: what do you think?

Tibetan monks are humans. Most probably, we, like them, can understand since we are humans, too, are we not? We just have to wipe away the little dust that covers our eyes.
  • There are many movies that speak of a phenomenon similar to that karma is called retrocausazione: running it, you can 'change our present, and one of these' "Looper": what do you think?