Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

ahmadiyya heretical buddhists

With their mantra of:
“Love for All, Hatred for None”
http://yinyana.tumblr.com/post/55207240433/ahmadiyya-buddhists
. . . thinking of joining . . .

. . . maybe I should start with some Basic Buddhism first, before joining some 'weird cult'?
They claim to have 200 million devotees . . .
http://www.ahs.org.uk/default.asp?id=1428

Comments

• ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    edited July 2013
    Thot you already had the basics.

What makes you think you couldn't get the basics with these folks?

What make you thing they're heretical or a "weird" cult? She looks to be a Kagyupa of some sort. Is that a "weird" cult now?
  • TakuanTakuan Veteran
    Ahmadiyya is also the name of a sect of Islam. In fact, it's one of the more well funded movements in the West.
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    Takuan said:

Ahmadiyya is also the name of a sect of Islam. In fact, it's one of the more well funded movements in the West.

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad = Maitreya Buddha.
    So either they are Buddhists or I am a heretical Muslim? Clarification on who is following the Next Buddha welcome . . .

:hair:
  • Think I'll listen to my own Buddha nature than follow any sects, whether Buddhist or not. I personally wouldn't wish to follow any sect that has any aspect of Islam within it. I feel that I am more of a Taoist Buddhist , so no disrespect to anyone here, but if I am close to any other belief system it would be gnostic Christianity, although I have a major problem the God head concept, so I couldn't accept any Allah. :banghead:
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited October 2013
    Weird? Hot damn...you'll fit right in!!! lolololol

I read the 4 beliefs, and they ain't half bad....and they
    were nice to you....go hang out with them. Let us
    know how it goes.
    What color is your bike?
  • CinorjerCinorjer Veteran
    edited October 2013
    Why wouldn't they be nice people? You don't encourage people to come through the door by freaking them out. In my college days we had the Hare Krishna coffee house where a broke, lonely, discouraged student could get great coffee and stale donuts and a willing ear to talk to. Like this Ahmadiyya group, they claimed their illustrious leader was the Maitreya Buddha incarnated.

Nobody that I know of has been hurt by checking out these groups, not unless your package is a bit unwrapped to begin with. Realize though, that this and any religion should be treated with respect. These people are firm believers in their religion and if you're not willing to join them in their worship, then eventually you should politely tell them so and find another group.
    Vastmind
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited October 2013
    ^^^
    I don't think I would have assumed they were NOT nice
    people...I just didn't know if lobster was being serious or
    joking...
    and I took a bait.

No offense/disrespect to these lovely, nice people, I promise. :o

@Cinorjer
  • Vastmind said:

^^^