Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Chinese to increase interference with DL's teachings

vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/02/21285545-china-to-stamp-out-dalai-lamas-propaganda-in-tibet?lite

Link relates to Buddhism in Tibet being even more under fire by the Chinese.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Quelle surprise.....
    Chaz
  • EvenThirdEvenThird NYC Veteran
    I'm honestly surprised that link isn't blocked here in the PRC..
    Reading that article (and many others like it) makes me want to leave this country.
  • I'm not racist but the closest I have ever come to being racist is against the Chinese and not just because of this article or because of the situation with Tibet or the DL, but also things in personal life and experiences, all based on personal experience. But I of course am not racist so I know not everybody who hails from China is a certain way but stereotypes always come from some thread of truth, so there is something to think about.
  • EvenThird said:

I'm honestly surprised that link isn't blocked here in the PRC..
    Reading that article (and many others like it) makes me want to leave this country.

Welcome to our forum!
    EvenThirdKundo
  • Samsara is all about power, domination, etc. Not surprising. Not justifying, but it is hypocritical to focus on one issue when we see similar patterns everywhere.
    EvenThird
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited November 2013
    I don't know why or how some governments enslave their people with a lack of information. It seems so cowardly.

They even went so far as to make reincarnation illegal without the proper forms... If the Dalai Lama reincarnates in China, he or she will be arrested.

From The Times of India;
    http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-02-14/india/28542221_1_tibetan-issue-panchen-lama-tibetan-government

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, IT'S THE DALAI LAMA!!
    MaryAnneEvenThird
  • ^ No good can ever come from the mix of religion and politics! **

( ** original; please feel free to use at your discretion) ;)
    ChazKundo
  • “When religion and politics travel in the same cart, the riders believe nothing can stand in their way. Their movements become headlong - faster and faster and faster. They put aside all thoughts of obstacles and forget the precipice does not show itself to the man in a blind rush until it's to late.”

Frank Herbert (author of Dune series)
    Kundo