Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Shoulder blade pain - feels like pinched nerve - during meditation.

Does anyone know why I get pain in my left shoulder blade? It feels like a pinched nerve, and has been going on for the past few years. It dampens my meditation and has me struggling to continue my practice.

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited November 2013
    I don't know why.
    It only happens during meditation?
    A few years? .....you might want to get that looked at by a Doc.
  • Yes, I agree with Vastminds. You should probably get that checked out by a doctor just to be sure it's nothing serious. If you don't have healthcare at the moment... well, that's what the Affordable Care Act is for!
  • Yes, only during meditation. If it's a pinched nerve it's been going on for way too long.. I don't have insurance at the moment, and will look into obamacare because I don't know anything about it
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    I know other long term practitioners who complain of that. It seems to be the place a lot of folks experience tension in a meditation practice.
    Do you have a competent teacher who can check out your physical posture?
    What meditation form do you use?
    What hand mudra are you using and is it on your lap? thighs? held higher over your hara?