Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Request some art from me!

EvenThirdEvenThird NYC Veteran
edited November 2013 in General Banter
Hi all,

I'm finally able to get photoshop again on my very old laptop. I should have it in a week or so. (I outline stuff and refine it via photoshop) In the meantime, I would love to practice some more! & I was thinking... who better to ask than you kind folks?

So, what would you like a drawing of?

Suggestions: things you want to get tattooed, pet portraits, buddhist imagery/quotes that mean something to you, your favorite flowers with a banner in remembrance of someone, auspicious symbols, profile images for NB, etc...

---
Feel free to throw multiple ideas out there, it gives me more options. Images for reference help too. I would prefer to do something personal to you if possible.

Thank you for the opportunity to practice! :)
riverflowpommesetoranges

Comments

• EvenThirdEvenThird NYC Veteran
    I just realized this would have made more sense in Arts & Writings.
  • The most peaceful/buddhist related banner you can shop.
    EvenThird
  • I'd like to see something that symbolizes the fiery passion humankind has. The kind of passion that can shape generations, inspire followers, move mountains, etc. I'll leave the interpretation of that to you, the artist.
    lobsterEvenThird
    edited November 2013
    @ThailandTom - Seems easy enough.
    @Zayl - That's a tall order! Although I think in simplicity lies the answer to that request..

I'm pretty excited about this.
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    How about a painted desert
    EvenThird
    @nevermind --could you elaborate a little?
  • @EvenThird I am a graphic designer so I know my way around adobe pretty well :D Guess how much I paid for all these?

Anyway create an image in the 11th dimension
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    It took me a few years to find just the right statue of Buddha for my home altar. I wanted one with a very serene look on the face as that's where I meditate.

So for me, I'd say... the face of Buddha meditating.
    EvenThirdriverflow
    @ThailandTom
    No idea how much... by the sound of it you got a deal? I'm about to pay half off for CS6 (thanks to a family friend's discount) I would love to get lightroom too but I'm lacking in funds...

11th dimension? :eek2:
    I guess I can try!

@BonsaiDoug
    I read that Buddha's smile was based off the "smile" that sometimes happens post-mortem. In some ancient statues at least.
    riverflow
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    EvenThird said:

@BonsaiDoug
    I read that Buddha's smile was based off the "smile" that sometimes happens post-mortem. In some ancient statues at least.

I like to believe The Buddha smiles because he has made peace, not only with himself, but also with the rest of the world.
    EvenThirdJeffrey
  • bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran
    How about a picture of someone looking through a still and crystal clear small pond and seeing their reflection and pebbles and fish, the clear pond representing their stilled mind that is free of defilements
    EvenThird
    edited November 2013
    @nevermind- forget what I said about elaborating. Basic sketch is complete...

fyi, everything will be in a pretty simple style, as it might be used for tattooing in the future. :)
  • @EvenThird no it was a little better than a good deal tehehe.

Anyway enjoy and looking forward to see what you come up with. Have you been using Ps for long?
    @ThailandTom
    I see, I was usually supplied Ps at work and never paid for it in the past. Those were the days.. :p

I've been using it for 7 years or so?
  • @Eventhird yeah, something simple would probably make much more of a statement, I'd think. And I always loved dinking around in PS, spent some good time like that, made myself a number of cool little images.
    EvenThird
  • Software wise I tend to use Corel Xara and Gimp
    http://alternativeto.hubpages.com/hub/10-free-cross-platform-Photoshop-alternatives-for-a-stunning-image.

. . . but then I am a penguin (Linux user) seduced by the ipad.

I would be interested in a new avatar.
    In fact next year I am thinking of becoming an avatar, so that might be a start . . .

:clap:
    EvenThird
  • I'd like a picture of my original face before my parents were born.
    No rush, just when you get around to it.
    seeker242BonsaiDougEvenThird