Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Body Energy

edited November 2013 in Diet & Habits
Hi
I started doing a daily yoga practice about 9 months about and also go to a yoga center.I have some meditation experiece too .. But when I sat down to meditate for 5 minutes before work after a 1 week break I got eeehhh ...ecstacy for about 15 seconds .Guess that yoga works eh ?

Comments

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited November 2013
    I had a friend get addicted to that feeling if it's what I think it is. I've also felt it. A body shiver that's both cool and warm, almost like an orgasm if you'll pardon me.

There is a meditation method (Sonoma or something) where that feeling is the goal. He was trying to get me into it but it seemed like he was trying to get high off of meditation... Using it as a drug.

If it arises, enjoy it while it lasts but I wouldn't suggest making it the goal. Only my opinion but it seems "off" somehow.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited November 2013
    I too have had almost orgasmic body shivers. But when I am on medicine it feels like the opposite of relief. You know the feeling of getting an awesome foot massage? My body feels like the opposite.
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    The only image I can call up there is being pelted by rocks... That I certainly haven't felt during meditation but I have felt the same shivers to feel a little creepy if that makes sense. Like a cold sweat.

Guess the bad serves as much a lesson as the good though.
    Jeffrey said:

I too have had almost orgasmic body shivers. But when I am on medicine it feels like the opposite of relief. You know the feeling of getting an awesome foot massage? My body feels like the opposite.

• klmeer said:

Guess that yoga works eh ?

Yes it works.
    So does sex and chocolate and running and . . . serotonin here I come.
    I'll have what she is having . . .

Yoga can still you, make you feel good and improve your mind/body. Good stuff.

. . . however some of us dharma junkies are on a 'higher mission', some are not even on a mission . . . anyways . . . thanks for reminding us . . .
    :thumbsup:
  • More like electric currents than orgasmic . Could have been a reaction to some medication maybe . Or mental projection. Or a sudden release of tension .
  • What higher mission can there be than being totally relaxed and happy now :}
  • My shivers are energy moving in my chakras I think. They are pleasurabe. Only happened a few times. During meditation.
  • Do you do yoga ?
  • no but I have tried body scans and maybe did a few poses when I did Jon Kabatt Zinn stuff such as the cat and cow.
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    klmeer said:

What higher mission can there be than being totally relaxed and happy now :}

IMO, seeing reality for what it really is, without any expectations, pre-conceived notions, frameworks, lenses, preferences.

lobster
  • klmeer said:

What higher mission can there be than being totally relaxed and happy now :}

Insight and wisdom.
    Improving the world, to lessen suffering.
    Spreading love, goodwill, education, prosperity, opportunity, generosity.
    Finding a higher mission.
    Not requiring being relaxed and happy . . . to be relaxed and happy.
    Having a mission as an individual, as a community, as a society.

. . . maybe that yoga has not really kicked in yet?

:D
  • klmeer said:

Hi
    I started doing a daily yoga practice about 9 months about and also go to a yoga center.I have some meditation experiece too .. But when I sat down to meditate for 5 minutes before work after a 1 week break I got eeehhh ...ecstacy for about 15 seconds .Guess that yoga works eh ?

Forget meditation if it is ecstasy you are looking for. You may try pills instead. it works wonders and you don't have to work hard.
  • Insight and wisdom.

Yes but as a starting point all these things require personal contentment first .

Im not looking for ecstacy .I have spent 20 years doing the meditation work .

• klmeer said:

Insight and wisdom.

Yes but as a starting point all these things require personal contentment first .

Im not looking for ecstacy .I have spent 20 years doing the meditation work .

Sometimes if you just take the actions first, the feelings will follow.
    I sure as hell don't want to wake up at 5:30am every morning just so that I have time to meditate and make it to my 7am Ashtanga class on time. I don't wait until I am feeling personal contentment before I start my practices, or else I would never do them.
    When there is an opportunity to be of service to someone or my community, my initial reaction is "Crap, I don't have time for this." Again, if. I waited until I was in some perfect enlightened personal space, if I needed that personal contentment as a starting point, I'd never do anything.
    Instead I negate the thinking and simply move forward and show up for myself and to be of service and just "do." Seconds into just "doing" I feel that contentment.

lobsterEvenThird
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    klmeer said:

Hi

Perhaps it's the combination from Yoga and Meditation?