Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What would be your favorite Job if you could do anything?

2»

Comments

• jaejae Veteran
    @Nevermind......thank you I'll tell her you said so, she will be chuffed to bits!

@DharmaMcBum .....'Scots in space' ... love it, can I be the ticket collector!

@Vastmind.... florist, I would be very happy doing that. My Grandmother used to pack fressia's (at one time on of Guernsey's main exports) I still remember how the intense fragrance would hit you as you walked into the greenhouse, thanks for the memory.
  • DharmaMcBumDharmaMcBum Spacebus Wheelman York, UK Veteran
    jae said:

@DharmaMcBum .....'Scots in space' ... love it, can I be the ticket collector!

You can indeed, you can use your Spacebus issue Laser powered Spacepunch (tm) to clip their tickets on the X69 Lunar express :cool:
    Kundo
  • jaejae Veteran
    @DharmaMcBum ... just stay off the 'transgalacticgargleblasters' before we set off :buck:
    jae said:

@DharmaMcBum ... just stay off the 'transgalacticgargleblasters' before we set off :buck:

No worries my Duc', crank up the blastamatrons and prepare to leave the bus stop.........
    jae
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    I would love to be a chaplain, a UU minister, or work for non-profit organizations.
    jaeKundo
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    A motorcycle mechanic and racer. There's joy to be found in such work, for me at least.
  • jaejae Veteran
    @Zayl....drive carefully mate! :)
  • I guess I would probably be a fisherman.
    In a different life, one where I was bigger, stronger, and smarter, I might like to be a SARTEC.
    Search and rescue technician. Rescue swimmer.
    Those guys are as tough as nails. They are trained to be heroes.
  • jaejae Veteran
    @robot... my partner was one of the Guernsey lifeboat team for 15 years, and a fisherman.. he loved it but you are right its a tough job
    robot
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    night watchman on the sun. ;)
    VastmindjaeDharmaMcBum
  • bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran
    I always wanted to be an astronaut but I guess all buddhist are astronauts in a way, we are astronaunts of our minds
    jaeKundo
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    I actually really wanted to be a postal carrier. I still sort of do, but obviously those jobs are becoming scarce in this day and age...

maybe a foot/bike messenger for low priority packages, so I can do the physical activities I enjoy, but without the stress that actual messengers face. :p
  • jaejae Veteran
    @Invincible_summer....There is a long waiting list in Guernsey for traditional postmen/women that go out on their bikes evey day for deliveries a much sought after job.
    Invincible_summer
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    Barra said:

how said:

There is an organization that produces solar stoves and an accompanying 2 day education course for Haitian women on how to cook and purify water with that system.

Those women no longer have to divi up 24 % of their family income for charcoal for conventional cooking and are also using their fuel free stoves for making and selling bread in their neighborhoods.
    I have recently donated to the organization and am seriously wondering about donating my time as well.

You should join a Rotary club. We do a lot of international projects like this. We do them in partnership with Rotary clubs in the developing world. I am, in fact, heading down to Antigua, Guatemala at the end of the month to visit a Project Fair, where folks from down there showcase projects (clean water, literacy, school meals, etc. etc.) that they need financial partners for. You'd love it, and you'll meet interesting people from your community who (if they are anything like my club) have a wicked sense of humour.

@Barra
    Thanks for the interesting suggetion.
    I note that most Rotary club meetings in North America occur in Methodist church facilities but the information about the nature of their relationship is not very clear.

Can you clarify it for me?
  • betaboybetaboy Veteran
    edited January 2014
    I'd love to be a part-time Bodhisatva with a large facebook following.

If not, at least a new age guru so I can have tantrik sex with my female disciples every now and then.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I don't personally know how a Bodhisattva can do 'their job' on a 'part-time' basis.

@betaboy, you either are or you ain't. There's no in-between, half-measure.

It's like a woman saying she's "slightly pregnant".

As to the FB following.... unambitious. Distinctly unambitious! :D
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    edited January 2014

I think I will go into business selling products - anyone want to come work for me?
    jaebetaboyDharmaMcBumcvalue
  • I'm pleased to say that I'm doing my dream job at the moment. I'm a platoon leader of soldiers in a cavalry unit.
    Invincible_summer
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    I would like to be a helicopter pilot or work on a wind farm.
    jae
  • If I were younger, healthier, less tied down, I think being a nature and wildlife videographer/documentary film-maker would be tops for me.
    jae
  • Meditation teacher! Now if I can sort out my own practice maybe I can help others.
    jaeDharmaMcBumanatamanInvincible_summer
  • jaejae Veteran
    @Jeffrey ... you have helped me with your wise words and friendship, thank you
  • JimyoJimyo Explorer
    I'd like to be a writer, primarily a boxing journalist and historian whilst also bringing to life the many ideas for novels I have. I'm only 31 so it may happen one day.
  • jaejae Veteran
    @Jimyo.... get started I'll buy your first book (signed of course!) Chris Eubank's autobiography is an excellent read, insight on his eccentric dress/accent.. I won't spoil it though, nice to meet you by the way :)
    bookworm said:

I always wanted to be an astronaut but I guess all buddhist are astronauts in a way, we are astronaunts of our minds

You can now, just get yourself out to the bus shelter and then I'll be along shortly in my Spacebus with Spacebus Conductor @jae and our cranked up blastamatrons... BOONG! BOONG! (<Spacebus bell...)

jae
  • jaejae Veteran
    @DharmaMcBum.....beam me up scotty (see what I did there) ;)
    Very clever indeed @jae :clap: Unfortunately my Spacebus karma turbines aren't spinning fast enough for the beamsters. We need more meditative practice to get them going...
    jae
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    jae said:

@dhammachick... hello nice to meet you... could you take the redundancy as a sign to start singing again, as well as doing the Reiki? mettha

I've been doing a small conversion on my garage for the Reiki since I got made redundant (in Nov). The music industry is a precarious one so if the opportunity arises, great but if not I will not break my neck trying. I have a serious health issue anyway.

In metta,
    Raven
    edited January 2014
    Jeffrey said:

Meditation teacher!

It's like herding cats though. :p

If I were younger, healthier, less tied down, I think being a nature and wildlife videographer/documentary film-maker would be tops for me.

Yes, that would be great - though I think you'd have to be very patient and not mind being wet and cold.

• jaejae Veteran
    @dhammachick...sorry to hear about your health issues, you could just sing for friends and family and share your talent.. you probably do that already I guess? Be well x
    Kundo